Sunday, August 26, 2018

Cuddles with Biscuit

Another night of bad sleep, Ron moaning all night.  I woke up in pretty good spirits, considering. 

I got up and took my shower, did my God Time.  I have really neglected my God Time lately.  That's not good for me spiritually or mentally. 

Ron got up and I had him sit up in bed while I fed him some green chili stew.  He was very happy to eat it.  I told him it had chicken stock (actually bone broth), which is very good for his joints.  He didn't eat much but at least he's eating. 

The hard part was warming it up, I had just taken it out of the freezer this morning and put it in the fridge, so I had to thaw it out in the microwave.  But Ron didn't complain about the temperature so it must have been OK. 

He laid back down again, his dysphagia was acting up and he was having trouble swallowing.  That happens for him, it's a result of the stroke. 

I told him I was going to lie down and take a nap, and asked him to please try to be quiet.  He said he would (and did a pretty good job).  I laid down and Biscuit leapt into bed with me.  Always a nice treat, a good visit with stretchy cat.  He likes to stretch out in my bed and spoon with me.  Just what the doctor ordered. 

Seriously, I am certain my doctor would prescribe cuddles with Biscuit if he knew how they made me feel so much better.  He's been lying by my foot, too, since I got on the computer. 

I had a pretty good nap with Biscuit, but woke up with a headache.  I think it was my use of aspartame.  I am still using aspartame while I go low carb.  Once I've got that mastered I will go off the aspartame.  It is more convenient than brewing tea. 

I laid in bed with Biscuit for a while, anyway.  The headache was only about a 6 so not too awful.  I petted Biscuit, who stretched out with me, threw his leg over mine, and purred.  He's a good boy. 

After I got up, he threw up on the floor, happily not in the bed.  Poor baby.  He's just pukey.  But he weighs almost 20 pounds so he is getting enough food.  Bubba was like that, too. 

Ron and I talked about trips for tomorrow.  He wants to try to go to work.  I hope it works out.  Worst case I can take the bus. 

I'm not so much tired as I am weary.  I am weary of all the drama.  I am tired of wondering when Ron is going to fall on the floor, and how I'm going to get him up.  I don't want EMT's in my home even though it appears they don't bill in Houston for putting someone back in a wheelchair. 

I want the old Ron back, the guy who walked 12 miles with me out of the flood in 2001.  The accident was 2003.  I miss Ron walking around with me and bitching about how his flat feet hurt.  Now I've got this cripple who can barely get to the bathroom, and it's tragic. 

I wish that man could see what he did to Ron, before and after.  It's awful.  I hope he does feel terrible about what he did. 

One thing's for sure, he had better not approach either of us and ask how Ron is doing.  He's going to get an earful if he does. 

No comments: