Wednesday, August 22, 2018

We really had to work to get those pills today

What is it with my rides to work lately? 

Monday, an hour late.  Today, an hour late.  Then she drove 20 mph on the freeway because she was eating cut up veggies and dip, with both hands, and driving with her elbow.  She only put them away when Ron complained about her going so slow.  Very frustrating. 

We finally got to work and I only had an hour to do all my snack machines.  I told Ron, "Sorry, I'm not helping you today" and went to work.  It took me pretty much the whole hour to fill the machines.  I didn't even get everything, but I got enough to keep the troops happy, I hope. 

Ron had to wheel himself back and forth fetching drinks.  Then he told me I could put up my carts.  Now, I have so little room I actually have to pick some of my carts UP off the floor and put them on top of the sodas.  Then place more carts in front of that.  And then Ron decided he needed "a couple of drinks" because he didn't check one of the machines before he told me to put up the carts. 

I was Not Happy.  And I let him know it.  When I'm unhappy it is mainly tone of voice and then I say (without name calling) that I am Unhappy and why.  I managed to drag out what he wanted and give it to him.  He stocked that. 

Time to go.  We had a nice driver to come home.  Told him all about the possum.  Possum, by the way, ate one and a half apples last night.  She really likes those apples. 

I had put my stew in the fridge when I got up this morning.  I will have to see how it turned out.  My first driver was utterly disgusted I made stew out of pork. 

I find it interesting that many Americans eat practically halal, no pork products at all.  They tend to view pork the way the muslims do, as this horrible, filthy, meat. 

I like pork, and, due to all the pork hatred, it's pretty cheap.  So that's good.  Have you looked at the price of beef lately? 

I'm not picky about meat.  I haven't eaten goat but I would. 

I took a nap when I got home, we were going to Walmart later to pick up Ron's medication.  We had a good pickup with a driver we like, and off we went. 

Ron wanted to ride in a kiddie cart so I put him in one and put the wheelchair in the basket.  We headed off to the pharmacy. 

And Ron's doctor screwed up the prescription.  So badly it took nearly 2 hours to fix.  It wasn't even really "fixed" they just gave us a week's supply.  But Ron has that at least.  He can find out if it works for him, or not. 

I had plenty of time to do my shopping and find the crazy glue (stationary, not hardware).  I got my liquid smoke and borax (borax is for homemade ant bait).  I even got an air freshener. 

Things were so stressful I bought some pudding to eat for dinner, and some chips.  I drank 3 Diet Dr Peppers while we were waiting for the pharmacy to sort things out. 

At one point the pharmacist asked Ron a question we didn't understand.  She restated, what was Ron taking now for pain?  We both said "Vodka" at the same time and she laughed.  So they know he is drinking, or was. 

We finally got the pills.  I gave them to Ron and he put them away. 

We checked out.  He paid for my stuff.  I bought an air freshener.  It's supposed to smell piney.  It reminds me of floor cleaner, that "fake pine" scent. 

By the way, don't use the piney floor cleaners if you have a cat.  They can get really sick if they walk on that and then lick their paws. 

So, finally done.  Ron had to cancel his paratransit pickup due to the pharmacy drama.  So we called a cab.  It took almost an hour. 

We had an interesting discussion about strippers on the way home.  I believe the driver (unjustly) thought I was being judgemental.  I wasn't.  Many of them have been molested and abused.  They believe their body is the only "thing" of value they have.  I find that sad.  I would never point fingers at them.  They are just trying to make a living. 

Hopefully they will get an education, get saved, get on a better path, but I'm not going to condemn them.  We're all bound for hell without Jesus. 

But I don't think the driver got that. 

As I was getting out he told Ron how lucky he was, I was "a million dollar woman", Ron didn't know how lucky he was, etc.  It was nice to hear, nicer to hear Ron agreeing with him.  I got Ron loaded in his wheelchair (he was REALLY stiff, he overdid it today) and got him in the house.  He's lying down right now. 

I ate my pudding for dinner and thanked God I do not have to go through those dramas so get my medication.  Hell, when I show up they practically throw it at me.  And it works. 

I am tired.  A lot of drama today so I will be going to bed early.  I will let you know how the pain med works for Ron, when he takes it.  He's waiting a while for the alcohol to wear off. 

No comments: