Saturday, September 1, 2018

If you are caring, you care.

I slept late, until about 8.  I did not do my God Time yet but I will before I go to bed. 

No headache until I drank some tea with aspartame and started thinking about caregiving/going to work.  Why does spell checker hate caregiving?   There's the headache, I took something for it. 

I took a shower and tried out my new razor for shaving my legs.  It worked pretty well, smooth legs, no bleeding.  I was a little fumbly with working it in the shower, though.  I assume that goes to lithium hands - tremor. 

I laid down for a while right as #6 started mowing the front yard, only.  He did not mow the backyard.  He blew all the clippings into our driveway, and at my garage.  Maybe he got a letter from the HOA, maybe he is having a party.  Only time will tell.  I notice, the longer he lives here, the more he is celebrating American holidays.  And Mexican holidays.  Any excuse for a party! 

Hopefully none tonight.  Then he and some of the kids were in the back yard, gabbling away in Spanish.  The littlest girl kept doing that annoying kid screech.  I guess when you are in a family of 8 you have to make a lot of noise to get noticed. 

Ron and I got ready for work.  Our driver was pretty much on time, but seemed kind of ditzy.  She kept missing turns even with her GPS, making big productions out of yawning and stretching, and talking incessantly about another client, she didn't like.  I finally got her talking about cats and she was OK conversation wise, not such a bitter downer.  She was so bitter about that one client I have to think he personally screwed her over in some way. 

She drove very slowly, kept going with the yawning and stuff - had only been driving for an hour.  It made me wonder what kind of Friday night she had had and was she hungover.  She turned a 35 minute trip (she had to pick up another client and drop him off) into an hour and a half. 

Of course when we got to work we had to rush around, we didn't have time to do even half the work.  Ron took out his stress on me, as usual.  He was bitter, angry, and demanding.  Then he wondered why I wasn't eager and cheerful. 

Our ride home was on time, and a straight trip. 

When we got home Ron got more vodka and began drinking.  He became even more bitter, resentful, and angry.  He was sarcastic.  He kept intellectualizing faith - which is very annoying.  Like wanting to analyze every word of the Lord's Prayer and tell me the old King James language was "stupid".  I finally told him I wouldn't play, he muttered some nasty comments, and started drinking more. 

Then he wanted me to dress the wound on his foot.  Fine, but when he took the sock off the foot reeked.  I will make him wash his feet tomorrow when he is sober.  He often neglects foot care, which, for someone in his condition and elderly, with a family history of diabetes, is foolish. 

So I had this reeking thing in my lap, trying to make it better, Ron's still in a nasty mood.  I put some peroxide and ointment on it.  I'm not covering it with a bandage, I think it needs air.  It is looking better but it looks like it could have used a few stitches last week when he hurt it (by the time I got home from covering him at work, that window had passed).  He fought me on cleaning his elbow, which has a terrible abrasion on it.  It was infected a couple of days ago but is improving with my tending.  He "allowed" me to put some peroxide but refused to let me bandage it or ointment. 

I have been participating in an online debate about the old lady who "got out" went wandering with a knife, cutting dandelions, went on private property, the police were called.  She did not speak any English.  They ended up having to taze her when she lunged at them with the knife. 

I have said repeatedly, I feel the family should be charged with elder neglect for "letting" her get out like that.  The daughter in law said she went wandering "all the time".  So they didn't see that as a matter for concern. 

I was then targeted with some personal attacks, they said thing about me, about Ron, etc. but the point remains it is a failure of the family. 

It doesn't matter if they are "nice" to you.  Ron has disrespected me in pretty much every way possible.  He has lied to me.  God knows he verbally abuses me.  He hurts himself, which hurts me.  He disrespects me.  He mocks me, he mocks my faith, he accuses me of "Sucking God's d**k" 

I don't think Ron realizes how much my faith has kept me here.  What you think of that is your opinion, but the Bible tells me to bless those who curse you.  That could have been written especially for me, but sadly I know it wasn't - plenty others out there and oh that is very sad. 

Point being: if you are caring, you care.  If you can't, find someone else who will.   I may get to that point sooner rather than later.  I am sure, after I am gone (separated) Ron will be very "sorry" and try to do everything he can to undo the damage - but there's too much. 

So the night is my own.  Still unclear if #6 is having a party, but it is very hot out, so I doubt the outdoor festivities will last for long. 

I am thinking yogurt for dinner.  I will give Ron his shot tomorrow, I am still too upset at him to do a good job and he deserves that.  It's once a month, doesn't have to be a certain day.  It's just vitamins. 

The next couple days look to have a lot of rain so I can't even get out for a while. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hand out the tracts to the kids on Halloween but make sure to tell them that your life may or may not stink and if it stinks god will not intervene. But hey on the bright side you will get to live in heaven one day and worship the being who did nothing to ease your suffering on earth.

Heather Knits said...

That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. I mean, think of it. Ron dies, I can get a caregiving job ANYWHERE. You dealt with what?! You're hired! Not that I want another caregiving job.

God is here, He is with me. I don't always see the Big Plan but it is in motion.

Did you know, in the Bible, Jesus specifically promises us tribulations? John 16:33 New King James Version (NKJV)
33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

So I hang onto that. If nothing else, the God who made my cats is pretty freaking awesome.

Anonymous said...

Tell that to a kid getting raped or beaten by their parent.

Anonymous said...

You have to wonder why some have more tribulations than others. Seems a bit inequitable when you compare one life to another.

Take yours for instance. You were neglected by a mother who had alcoholism and mental illness (which you father pretended not to notice).

Because of the actions of your mother you were given fetal alcohol syndrome and you also inherited mental illness from your parents.

Then you were taken to live in a house with a stepmother and her children where you continued to be mistreated. Again father ignores or pretends not to notice the treatment of his daughter.

You meet Ron a alcoholic and narcissist whom you see as a life line and you go and live with him. Eventually getting married when it benefits him (classic for his type of personality).

And now your story continues. Still living with a person who has an untreated mental illness, is a raging alcoholic and whose behavior gets worse year after year. YEP I can see how you can believe that god is freaking awesome.

So we can chalk it ALL up to free will and the actions of men and women, but since you attribute ALL of this to god and some super secret master plan, you have to wonder exactly what is the reason for you to have sh-t piled on top of you pretty much since birth, while others live lives without such challenges,

Not to mention genetic defects, etc that a person has no control over. Imagine had you been born 200 years ago the kind of life you would have had. Now imagine ALL the men and women who did have that kind of life because there was no treatment or help for them. And please tell me again how awesome god is.

When you look at the world and just how it is you can see that god does not interfere in the matters and lives of men.

You think you can get a caregiver job anywhere? I don't know if you can because of your medications, etc you are on.

Heather Knits said...

To the raped comment, when we cry, God cries with us. Unfortunately free will can really suck.

Second post, I wasn't serious about getting another caregiver job. I probably could with one of the Medicaid agencies because they don't pay as much, and I would be covered under ADA. I could present a letter from my doctor stating I am very stable and that should do it, IF I wanted to go that route, but I am honestly pretty burnt.

I believe God does not intervene due to the Prime Directive. In some cases, on Star Trek they were not allowed to help even though someone needed it. In other cases, they could only help if asked. Just my little theory.

I thank God I was born when I was and could get medication. Which I need to go take right now.

To answer the question, why me? I would say because He knew I could handle it. He knew I would lean on Him for what I needed (I do). I remember life is only a short time and eternity is forever. Hopefully I am able to reach people because of it, too.

Anonymous said...

Seems you think your life is better than Heather's. Why are you mad at Goo. Why do you have to get on this blog

Heather Knits said...

Actually, based on comments, I think their early life was a lot worse than mine. I think that informs a lot of the bitterness. Remember, we all need prayer.

Anonymous said...

Just proving my point that god does nothing for anyone in this life. The fact that she uses god as the reason she stays with an abusive alcoholic is just sad. Not bitter by the way just tired of christians with their fake god is great nonsense.

Anonymous said...

Where's your proof?

Anonymous said...

Why does it upset you so much, what other people choose to believe? If you are “tired” of Christians why are you following Heathers blog? She’s not going to convert to atheism.

Anonymous said...

The point is Heather gives god credit when she gets the vending machine fixed or some random thing. BUT god never seems to help her with actual meaningful things such as her abusive, drunk husband. An actual legitimate thing like curing her of her mental illness. You know something tangible like that. Instead we get praise god he fixed the vending machine. Now let's have her not fix the vending machine and see how quickly god will take care of that for her. Answer he won't. Why can't she give herself the credit?