Saturday, June 15, 2024

Well I'm feeling a little better.

 I had to make my insurance payment (homeowners) today.  It would have lapsed.  I am not having that.  

Now I do plan to call them and tweak it a little if possible.  Ron and I agreed, for instance, to have a large liability policy and we - I still say we - I do.  I'm keeping that.  I don't know what a "Denali" is but #6 has one and it looks expensive, God forbid my tree falls on it I want my company to pay the whole value.  I have to live next to them, after all.  

There's also some inaccurate information on file, I have PEX pipes now, not copper, and LVP flooring (plastic planks) not carpet.  I feel like (company) is one I can talk to and that is why I coughed up the very large premium (bigger than a paycheck but not a whole month's pay).  They also make it easy to file a claim and actually pay a fair value, as I found out in 2020.  

Dad's a veteran, and so was his Dad.  My maternal grandfather died in WW2.  My stepfather was a pretty high ranking veteran, if I remember correctly a colonel.  So I qualify for USAA.  I just use my Dad he gave me the number some time ago and I am in their computer.  I got a quote some time before Ron died but (current guys) had a better number so we went with them.  

And I'm still saying we.  

Biscuit was super cute this morning: 


If you look behind my head to the left you can see Puppy my stuffed toy dog I have had since Ron's accident.  They didn't have any toy cats in the stuffed animal section, and Puppy was cute, so I got him.  Baby Girl the first used to growl at him and drag him around.  She's long gone but he's still around.  

I am not embarrassed I sleep with a stuffed animal; I haven't had an easy life and ANYTHING is on the table if it helps me sleep better.  My sleep remains pretty terrible at about 6 hours a night, even on days off.  

My Dad bought the tickets - Southwest had a sale.  He used points so he only had to pay about $20 in actual fees.  I go straight there and come through Phoenix on the way back, but it's in the morning on a weekday so that shouldn't be too hairy.  Ron and I went though Phoenix before.  He actually ran into someone he knew.  

I think I have another photo.  


My boys are pretty cute!  

One more I took last week on the way to work.  I love how the buildings in Houston reflect the sunrise.  It is so pretty especially going into downtown.  




No comments: