Thursday, June 27, 2024

I feel like I am using the gossip system

 I saw one of my long term drivers on my home route.  The home route drivers tend to stick around they just change the shifts.

She was so happy to see me she opened the partition, got out of her seat, and gave me a hug.

We got to talking and I told her Ron didn't respect me.  I gave her most of the details.  

Knowing, of course, that will get out.  I am OK with that.  

I feel like my only chance at long term peace and happiness - alone or with someone - is to be honest and vulnerable.  

I told her I didn't feel like I deserved to be happy again but I am getting past that.  I also told her I liked a driver and a little about what he looks like.  I don't know if she will talk to him about any of this 

I did tell her it's hard for me to know if he likes me because "30 people are listening to us and half of them aren't right".

I don't care if this gets back to him.  If it does and he likes me it may explain why I've been a little skittish.  And if it gets out to all the drivers that Ron used to beat me up, cheated, verbal abuse, keeping me up at night it may explain a few things.  

But one thing I keep hearing is how much the drivers hate the route.  Who would sign up for that again?  Just to see me...

No comments: