Saturday, June 29, 2024

La Tienda Loca

 I forgot it was a holiday weekend.  Ay yi yi.  

But I made it.  

I went to bed about an hour after I got home and slept until about 6.  I was out of the house by 7 because I wanted to get more pinata mix and figured they would sell out quick.  

There were only 3 bags left when I got there so I gleefully hauled "mine" into my cart and put stuff on top of it so no one could steal it.  

I can't relate too much about trips to the grocery store due to stalker issues.  I will say the guy who drops me at the store is always the guy who picks me up.  

While in the store, I like to get a snack.  I generally get the same thing, a small bag of dry roast peanuts, a LSS size (about 2 ounces or 50 grams) of chips - that varies depending on how I profile the driver.  Is he a Nacho Man?  Ranch?  Sour Cream?  Plain?  A cold drink and a candy bar.  It's only a couple bucks, the drivers love it.  

Today's driver almost broke down weeping and kept saying "No one does this!"  I just said I do and left it at that.  He is having a hard time on the route, he implied.  I will pray for him he is a nice young kid.  

I was glad Buddy didn't have any of my trips.  It was hot, sunny, and humid.  I was sweating and looked terrible.  My basket-style cart broke last week so I had to use an L cart with bungee cords and milk crates.  It wasn't very efficient and wobbled a lot.  I actually set up my phone to play the song "Wobble" as I walked home I thought that was funny.  

The cats are good, I saw all of them.  

I'm going to stay home and clean today.  

No comments: