Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Well everyone warned it would hit me

 I was doing OK: I got the blood test being a mature and responsible patient.  I came home.  I tipped my Uber drivers well but not excessively.  I had a good snack after the blood test.  

My aunt contacted me they would be coming in a few hours; OK.  She was doing my Medical Power of Attorney, regular Power of Attorney so she can represent me in the estate, and my DNR because I don't want anyone running a full code on me.  I will refer to that all from now on as the POA.  

I pulled a mask out of my backpack as we got out of the car and it was one of Ron's.  That was heartbreaking.  He used to look so cute in his mask it would always migrate up over his eyes, so it covered his eyes, nose, and mouth.  

So we went to the notary and I signed and signed.  Happily I had a blue pen.  She reviewed it all signed and stamped away.  Then we went to the copy shop and had color copies made.  Mainly so I could have some DNR copies for myself I didn't care about the POA.  Either she is going to do what I want, or not.  It will also be useful if I ever had some sort of break and she needed to advocate.  I don't know if she considered that but I did.  I am fine with that she is a lovely woman (if you're reading, I'm waving!).  

So we got that done I put my copies in the backpack and I have Ron's mask.  I should have got rid of it and I didn't.  We went to the post office.  Another woman from the subdivision was raging at the clerk about the mailbox problem.  Like that is going to fix anything.  

When she helped me I gave her candy, a letter I got for someone else by mistake (it looked like an insurance policy so I wanted to make sure she got it), and my address.  And she gave me my mail, it had a letter from the bank "To the ESTATE OF RON..." and I almost cried.  That on top of the mask just flipped me.  I was just heartbroken, still am.  

I gave it to my aunt as she is handling all of that, then they took me to Walmart.  I bought more candy to hand out, and bags.  I got some comfort carbs for me, one bag of queso chips, some french toast sticks, and a pint of icecream (will NOT all be eaten the same day!).  Then I left, oh, and I got kitchen trash bags in lavender because Ron hated lavender anything.  

We came home and my uncle worked on the fence for a little bit, those kids smashed a hole in the fence one day chasing their ball.  Great kids.  He got it respectable and they left.  

I feel really bad they are likely stuck in rush hour traffic.  But my aunt said she really needed the forms, from me, to move on.  So they have them now.  

She wanted to take a picture of the marriage license so I produced that, sadly thinking marriage is a contract and mine is broken.  And they don't marry in Heaven I guess you love everyone equally.  It says so in the Bible "They neither marry or are given in marriage"  It was profoundly depressing.  Then She wanted to take a photo of his ID but I just gave her the whole wallet.  Nothing in there for me.  She did take a picture of my ID which is fine.  She also has my social and my bank account number; I really do trust her.  She is very ethical and is far more likely to give more than she should.  

Now I am just left with where to put the DNR.  I posted a question on the Caregiver group we will see what they say.  So far "fridge" is leading the pack.  

I am going to take a break and sit out in the sun for a while.  I'm glad I can.  

No comments: