Friday, April 2, 2021

Friday morning

 Well I did most of my accounting, I can have my aunt do the last one as she has the DBA.  But I filed the last monthly report; and the sales tax quarterly report.  I did not file the out of business report, she can do that easily.  She's a CPA so it will be easy.  

I am glad that is all over.  It wasn't as hard as I feared.  

I got the canvas Mom ordered, it is very nice.  Ron and I dressed formally he is standing next to me.  I am smiling he is looking serious.  I like it.  Now we just need the urn and I transfer the ashes.  But Amazon transferred it to another carrier so God knows when it's coming.  

The cats are good I apparently caught Spotty in a photo I sent Mom she was very eager to meet him.  She has a soft spot for calicos and orange cats.  He may come out, he doesn't, really, when my aunt's around.  But I have plenty of wet food to tempt hungry kitties.  

My aunt only sees Torbie, really.  Baby Girl's favorite spot is near the couch so she's in proximity but not bothering anyone.  Still I will put my Dad on the other couch when he comes.  My aunt says Cleo is her favorite as she has NEVER seen the cat.  Cleo is very shy.  So's Biscuit.  

I feel bad for the poor cats hiding under the bed watching the EMT's run a code on Ron the day he died.  That didn't exactly enhance the cats' view of strangers.  These strangers came, put Dad on the floor, did things to him and killed him (in the cats' view), then left him there for hours.  Why would they come out after that?  

Jackson Galaxy would probably have the cats on some sort of trauma formula.  They are doing good with me, but 3 of them are very shy ever since.  That may or may not improve, doesn't matter to me.  

It would only matter if I lost the house and had to rehome them, but my aunt said she and her husband had gotten "about two mortgage payments" out of the change buckets I had when we closed the business.  That's good to know.  I feel bad they had to do that twice now but they have a really good attitude.  

I'm going to take a break and rot my brain on TV for a while.  

No comments: