Thursday, April 15, 2021

Thursday

 I have avoided doing my printer install because the last one was just horrible.  I also woke up with a very nasty headache.  

I took care of the cats, took my medication, etc.  Spent a lot of time on the computer.  I made a grocery order and just got it.  

It took me hours to beat the headache I finally did with the 1 PM dose of Excedrin.  I think it's just stress, and weather changes.  I have a lot going on and I try to remind myself of that when I get impatient with myself.  

Then I had to get my delivery.  I got that and took the printer out of the box.  Now, it has been years since I had a printer.  I couldn't help but notice I was missing the cable that goes from the printer to the computer.  I looked in Ron's closet.  Plenty of A/V adapter things and about half a dozen computer cords but no cable.  I remembered putting it in a bag of computer cables and putting it - somewhere.  I looked in the garage (after praying) and found it pretty fast.  I am taking a break for now.  

About my delivery, they were short 1 six pack of Diet Dew.  They also didn't have the greens mix I requested, one of those "fresh salad" blends of greens you add your own stuff.  So they subbed me Spring Mix which I had been considering anyway.  I was fine with that, and it saved me a dollar.  Then they didn't have the 6 pack of corn dogs (the store restocks on Monday night so I wasn't surprised).  They said they were sending me name brand corn dogs instead of the generic.  They neglected to mention it was a 16 pack so I am set for a while now!  I like corn dogs they are fast and have protein.  I was very happy with all that although they said they would "fix" it if I clicked on a link.  I was happy with their fix.  

So she came and brought it all including a 38 pound thing of cat litter.  Walmart is always more than fair on my substitutions.  I gave her a cash tip and a bag of candy with a scripture booklet.  

I also called the water company (earlier) and paid my bill, then called Gospel For Asia and fixed that.  The debit didn't go through because I had turned off the card, so I gave them the new card number and told them to add $20 a month for Jesus wells as Ron always felt very strongly about people having potable water.  I think it is a nice tribute.  So that is all set now.  

The man was very nice and sympathetic when I told him Ron had passed, but would want me to do this.  And $20 I can manage.  Eventually when employment is settled I would like to sponsor a child but that can wait a little bit.  I would hate to sponsor a child and then have to stop.  

I have no idea what I am doing for dinner.  Likely a turkey sandwich.  I have plenty of turkey meat in the fridge.  I am  focusing on good tasting things I like to eat, that are also nutritious.  I would not want Ron to eat badly after I died.  

It is still hard to believe he is dead.  But I am glad I turned off comments because I doubt all the comments would be sympathetic.  I did get the latest card, by the way.  👍

The cats are good, they have been beggars.  I also cleaned a lot of Ron's stuff out of the fridge.  I need to wash the shelves but it's all "my" food now.  I found it funny I had 2 jars of pickles.  I hardly ever eat pickles.  Two mayos I could understand, though.  Dad taught me to be a mayo lover.  But I got rid of Ron's juices (kept the V8 it is still good) and half drunk bottles of soda.  I did keep the bottle of hot sauce even though we rarely used it.  

I remember one time I got a quart of hot sauce at the dollar store and took it into work, put it by the microwaves.  It was gone in a few days they loved their hot sauce!  Ron didn't want to make trips to resupply though, and no one knew it was me, so I stopped.  

I found hot sauce helpful (on food) when I had sinus troubles.  I haven't had serious sinus trouble since moving out of the mold infested apartment in CA.  The apartment above us, the bathroom overflow was not connected to the drain pipes, so whenever the very large lady above us took a bath (daily) the water would slosh out onto our ceiling.  We had a carpet of various molds all over the ceiling, it was terrible.  Both Ron and I had a lot of sinus troubles, but no way we could have found ANYTHING we could afford (San Francisco Bay Area during the dot.com boom) anywhere else.  So we stayed, we did complain regularly but the landlord basically told us to [censored] off and then raise the rent another $100 a month while he had Ron on the line.  

Anyway we both got way better after we moved here to DECENT housing.  I do wonder if that mold exposure might have played a part in Ron's death, even though it was a good 21 years ago.  I guess I will find out.  

But I will keep the hot sauce that may be something I want now and then, and it's not taking much room in the fridge.  Even with all my vegetables there is still plenty of room in "my" fridge now.  There are some things that will take getting used to but I think I will like them, long term.  

That's pretty much it for now.  I will edit and update if I decide to do the printer tonight.  Plan for dinner is a turkey sandwich with steamed kale and a v-8.  I am serious about getting more vegetables in my diet.  

No comments: