Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Wednesday

 Nights and mornings are hard.  Nights I have odd dreams and wake up repeatedly.  Mornings it is just very depressing to wake up alone, again.  

The cats help, I would hate to see my morning without the cats.  But it's hard.  

I got up around 7, rolled out of bed, fed the cats and had a protein bar with my medication.  I took a shower but did not get dressed as I am wearing black pants and all my white cats like to love on me, rub against my legs, get in my lap, etc.  I paired it with a buttondown shirt.  I will try to get a picture "made" if I can.  

My aunt offered to give me a ride and is bringing her husband.   This should be interesting.  They will stay in the car of course.  

I had an interview offer from one company but they are way out in Southwest Houston so I opted out.  Also I got a call from someone claiming to be from a big company I will have to investigate that.  But they are very doable on the bus line actually.  I was impressed.  They did have an "apply for a job" online link if I want.  I will not be picky.  

I will say I would rather "do" a big corporation vs a Mom and Pop business as the corporation will offer better financial security.  What if we had other employees?  I would have had to fire them with no notice and let me tell you it is no treat.  

I didn't take out the trash as I had very little in the can.  I am finally to the end of the Ron purging.  I just don't want to see anything that reminds me of him.  I have heard about this but figured I would be the "sentimental hoarder" type who would keep every last sock.  

I checked and double checked the hours I can work easily so that is all done.  I am as ready as possible.  We will see how it goes hopefully it will be a good experience, even if I don't get a job.  I really don't want to use my savings if at all possible.  One reason I am being very stingy with what I am buying.  

So, back from the interview.  

My aunt and uncle picked me up early.  The HR lady was pretty busy (not with interviews as far as I could tell) and got to me late.  But she was impressed with the resume I had printed on heavy paper.  She spent some time reading it and basically asked me what I did for Ron.  I explained in a few sentences.  She asked me some questions, how had I approached a big challenge, things like that.  She kept using the word "Awesome".  

I told her I would love to work in the garden department and she said she thought they would have a job as a plant waterer, in the afternoons.  I said that sounded fine.  She said she had some more interviews but would get back to me.  

She did say she would call if I got the job so I will be watching.  

My aunt and uncle thought I looked "very nice" for the interview so I am glad I wore what I did, an oxford shirt and black slacks.  I tore up my feet on some new shoes yesterday that seemed fine, but left blisters.  I was OK walking but it wasn't fun in my "good" shoes.  

That was the first interview I had without Ron in my life.  I would always go home and tell him about the interview.  I am sure he was watching but it made me sad.  

My aunt and uncle brought a printer for me, and my webcam arrived.  I set up the webcam.  I called the bus company I will have to go downtown to fix my bus pass... agh.  But it is not far from my local bus line.  I can do that, I will just have to pay $1.25 to get there.  I will do that Friday and set up the printer tomorrow.  

I just never needed one.  I have had them off and on as needed but just haven't needed them.  Now I do.  

Happily I have plenty of resumes I just may need to print up something for an interview.  

No comments: