Monday, April 12, 2021

Having a hard time this morning

 I got my shower done.  I don't often use conditioner so I forgot to rinse it but easy enough to jump back in and get it.  I do like what the conditioner and shampoo do for my hair (the Suave rose one).  

I just hurt (mentally) it is awful.  It isn't like depression actually it is an "outside" hurt.  I guess I just have to feel it, and it is awful.  Like the Lord of the Rings movie (Battle of the 5 armies) "If this is love I do not want it".  Ron was very clever to get me to agree to remarry back in 1992 because there is no way I am going through this again.  Not for a long time.  

I mean, I knew he would die first I guess I just figured there would be a final illness and I would have time to prepare myself.  Instead it came out of the clear blue sky.  

Now, how would I have rather lost him?  The way he went, fast, painless, even the morgue worker said he looked peaceful.  The last discussion we had he sounded great and I told him I loved him; can't ask for more.  

Would I have rather had a long drawn out decline with him in increasing agony?  No.  And it's not like God sends a text message: "Ron is going to die 2 days from now at 12 noon" (near as I can figure that's the time he went).  

I just pray I don't lose any other humans any time soon.  I have lost my job, my husband, I face losing my home and my cats, I don't need to lose family members too.  

This has just been a terrible year.  

No comments: