Friday, April 9, 2021

Dad is in town

 He landed uneventfully.  They all came (aunt, uncle, Dad) to my house and we went out for dinner.  We had fun.  He talked a lot about caregiving issues with his mother in law.  His wife is the pinch hitter in that one.  It has been pretty exhausting for them.  I can relate.  

I did say a little about Ron - keeping his dignity but letting them know he had been needing more and more lately.  We had a good meal, Dad was tired so they took him home.  

I am wrung out.  I am just beat today and planning to go to bed early.  I need to take care of myself I don't have anyone to look out for me anymore.  

My uncle was asking me questions would it be safe for me to walk to and from the bus stop at night.  I told him I would find out.  He kept asking me questions.  I said I had to take care of myself because my husband was dead.  That pretty much ended the conversation.  

I couldn't move in with them even if they wanted me because they aren't near local bus lines.  I will have to trust in God to protect me, and, if He allows anything, that it will work for my long term good at the end.  

But I am exhausted.  I did get all my important papers together to take to DPS to get my new ID card.  So I don't have to worry about it Tuesday.  I am going to give it another 20 minutes and go to bed early.  

Rest is important.  

And I JUST REMEMBERED where I put the fanny pack, an out of the way place I never would have considered.  God finally let me remember!  

Oh that was a BAD day.  Of course now I need to go get new bank card and bus pass.  But at least I have the money, and Ron's old ID card.  I was very fond of that photo.  

So a better ending.  

No comments: