Sunday, April 18, 2021

Sunday afternoon

 I took a nap.  Cleo joined me, lots of petting and purring.  I fell asleep with her curled up on my leg.  Woke up a few hours later with her still there, joined by Biscuit!  More petting and purring.  Then I got up my headache had come back.  

When I was trying to sleep #6 was playing some sort of loud audio track of a woman giving a sermon in Spanish.  Not very neighborly.  I was not impressed with him, my aunt told his wife Ron had died and nothing.  My aunt said the wife understood what was said.  He could have at least come over for 10 seconds and said "I'm sorry about your husband".  

Oh, well, now the sermon which I really didn't need.  If you want to "save" me (already born again) then play a sermon in English.  Then he let the dog out to yap by my bedroom wall for a while, I was just laying there with Cleo, massively depressed, thinking: I just want a nap.  

When I got up #10 (renter) is playing some sort of loud hip hop while he works with his pickup truck.  I don't think he has ever bothered to look around the neighborhood, is anyone else doing that?  NO?  Then maybe you shouldn't, either.  I wouldn't have minded if he played it at a low volume but it was loud enough the whole block could hear it.  

But we have problems even with the "good" renters they don't get we want a quiet neighborhood.  That's why many high end subdivisions do not allow the owner to rent the house, if you own it, you have to live there.  That solves a lot of problems.  

Anyway, I got a solid nap in spite of it all and I did feel better when I woke up, even with the headache.  #10 is getting louder I may call in a noise complaint.  Ron always held the view if you let it go in the middle of the day pretty soon they would be having loud parties at night and thinking they were entitled to blast it "because no one said anything".  And forget about actually walking up to them and asking them to turn it down; then you get a massive attitude and they mark you, any trouble they have (brought on themselves) they are going to blame me for it.  And then I think he is cleaning out his truck, how long is that going to take?  Not very long I would imagine.  So I think I will let it go even though Ron would be apoplectic at the loud bass beats thundering through the house.  

I don't want to use up my goodwill with the police department.  Back in 2010 Ron used his up calling and yelling about the barkappotamous next door, every night, holding the phone out the window so they could hear the incessant, very loud, barking.  That is just how the dog learned to get attention; bark constantly until someone came out to give her attention, even if it was just to yell at her.  It worked for the dog.  We tried to tell the owner to go out and spend time with the dog when it was quiet, they sent their little toddler out for 5 minutes a day.  That wasn't adequate.  She needed to be run around (shepherd/dalmation mix) for a good long while fetching or doing tricks, lots of praise and petting, go out to visit with the dog several times a day during the day and then have the dog in the house at night.  I often told Ron she should be living with a homeschooling family on a couple acres, with several kids.    The dog is not going to do any good in the backyard if someone breaks a window in the front yard!  The backyard had a wooden fence all around it, it "makes the neighborhood look better" not to have front yard fences so I have to deal with people, dogs, all up in my lawn.  Anyway Ron burned up his goodwill they stopped sending officers out.  If we had a noise complaint I had to call it in.  

Eventually the tenant got sick of the incessant barking, too.  I figured he would, NO ONE was getting any sleep.  Ron was so aggravated he wanted to give the dog a Benadryl.  Anyway the tenant tied her up out front and called the shelter to come get her.  

A lot of ignorant people think a dog is "fun" but not thinking you have to invest time and energy into the dog or it will become an undisciplined barkappotamous.  The dog lives for one thing, attention.  She would rather bark 3 hours to get yelled at than spend a quiet night alone.  We understood that, that is why for a while the dog kept trying to move in with us, breaking holes in the fence and all.  Glad those days are over.  

The tenant in #2 is actually the landlady's daughter so she is quiet.  I don't care if they park in front of the house now and then that is fine for me.  

Eventually I need to figure out dinner.  I am not sure what I want right now.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: