Friday, April 2, 2021

Got the urn and the portrait.

 I was a little nervous when I found out Amazon booted the delivery to the Post Office and barked out a laugh when I read the urn had gone through "our" processing center.  The urn had the contents clearly labeled on the box, large letters and a picture of the urn on the box just in case you had any doubts.  I'm sure everyone who handled it was just thrilled.  The mail lady was more than a little creeped out.  But she was very professional.  

I unboxed it, looked very nice as advertised, I took my wedding ring off as it advised doing so to avoid scratching the urn.  Had a little trouble getting the lid off it is threaded pretty tight.  But that is good you don't want him to spill if, God forbid, it got knocked over.  

I had some measuring cups, a tablespoon, and a funnel depending on the size of the opening.  It was big enough for a half cup but not a two-thirds.  So I used the half cup.  Total there were about 8 cups of ash.  I got him loaded without spilling and had a little trouble getting the lid on, but I finally got it (with some prayer) and it is threaded tight.  

I had gotten the portrait this morning and set the urn behind it.  I took a photo.  The small mint green things are the ash portions that we will sprinkle other places.  


I am happy with it.  The green things underneath are Ron's braille Bible.  Well, most of the New Testament a whole Braille Bible is pretty huge.  

That's it for now.  


No comments: