Friday, April 9, 2021

This has not been my year.

 Didn't sleep great but got enough sleep, got up, took a shower.  And discovered my fanny pack is missing.  As near as I can tell it must have fallen out of my purse at the restaurant.  It was not an easy meal, the woman next to me had me crammed against the wall with nowhere to put my purse, so I was holding it under my arm against the wall.  She also said the "n" word during conversation repeating what her father had said at some point.  She was trying to get a rise.  

"My father was a complete racist" would have sufficed.  

I wanted to ask her if she knew Ron was black... then on the way home she grabs his wedding ring from around my neck, asks about it,  and stuck it on her finger... I thought that was inappropriate.  

My purse was heavy because I had a lot of candy, New Testaments, and scripture booklets in it.  So this morning I was horrified to realize the fanny pack was gone.  I had my keys, some cash, and my phone in my pants pockets so I didn't lose those.  No one turned it in at the restaurant.  

I called my friend it is not in their car.  Well, crap.  I tore up the house a few times, it is pretty well organized and nowhere to be found.  I called my bank and killed the card.  They said no transactions had been run thank God.  Called the credit card company, I did not have the CC # so I had to give them my social, which I did and got that turned off.  They are sending me a new card they were quite eager to do that, and the guy was vaguely scolding when he said I had not had any charges since October.  So I got those.  

Then I had to call the ID card place, they said appointments only so I found the link and made one for Tuesday.  Dad can take me.  Then I called the bus company and put a hold on my pass.  It is MY $31 and I want it.  So I have to go downtown and get a new one.  Dad can help with that.  That took care of pretty much everything.  I am "out" the cash in my wallet unfortunately.  I also had Ron's old ID card in there it was a really cute photo of him, but that's gone... I guess it is a fresh start.  

I am very pleased I did not go crying to my aunt, but told her after I had "fixed" it all.  She has enough on her plate.  I did some house cleaning I have a sparkling toilet, cleaned the litter boxes.  So I am happy with all that.  

I am just going to relax for a while my Dad lands in a few hours, will hang out with his sister (my aunt) for a while, and then come to me.  

I look forward to seeing him.  

No comments: