Saturday, April 10, 2021

Saturday

 I had a lot of trouble finding work in the 90's, at least until I learned computers (Ron taught me).  I read a lot of job search books at the library (wasn't far from my apartment) and one thing they all said get your resume printed on really nice paper so you stand out.  

That was on the list of things to do today.  I got up after a miserable night of sleep and took my shower, did my God time.  I got ready for Dad who showed up right around 11.  We went to my bank and got a new Debit card, that took a while.  Then we went to Walmart where I just got some hangers.  Then the thrift shop (Dad said he wanted to help me run errands) and I found some really cute blouses.  $25 later we went to Luby's for lunch, Dad was feeling very nostalgic.  He had a Luby's near his house when he was growing up.  

Grandma (his Mom) used to take me to Luby's every time I would visit and I got the same thing this time: the chopped beef with the cheese on top.  Dad encouraged me to get dessert so I got carrot cake.  

He wanted to see the crematory so we went by, then a corner where I have done Bible Handouts.  I wasn't going to take him to Acres Homes.  We went home, I used the bathroom, and got my resumes.  Then we went to the copy shop and I had my 2 resumes (different styles) printed on the really good paper, 50 copies of each.  All done with that and I came home.  Dad was pretty beat and needed a nap.  He did take a photo of me with Ron's urn for his wife.  

I am washing my new clothes.  I will put them up to hang dry and they should be ready by tomorrow.  I put some scent beads in the wash to counter the thrift shop aroma.  As a result I did not put my underwear in that load.  Scented products can be very irritating.  

Saturdays are hard for me I just remember finding him dead.  Just like that.  It is difficult.  That's why I hope I get a job has me working Saturday because I do better when I'm busy.  We will see.  I am much better on other days of the week.  

Dad had a good time and I stayed occupied.  Of course now I am home alone.  The house feels very different with Ron gone.  I didn't notice that until he died.  I miss the sound of his snores.  Don't get me wrong, I am in a committed relationship with Spotty and Biscuit (Biscuit snores).   I am in no hurry to add another man to my life.  

Particularly reading the caregiver group and the sick old men lashing out or eating themselves to death.  No thanks.  I would rather be single; I will get used to it.  

I may change my mind in 5 years or so but not right now.  That's it for now.  

No comments: