Tuesday, April 6, 2021

One month to the day

 I was reading some of my old blogs and it was profoundly depressing.  I think I'm going to stop that for a while.  I called Jack he is coming after he gets his Covid shot, he is going to take me to the Post Office and then Walmart.  I need to get out of the house.  

One month to the day, today.  One of my FB friends has a hard time with the date her son died even years later.  She got very upset one time no one called her on the day, but it was like the 10th month or something odd.  People, average ones, don't think "Heather had a loss on the 6th so I had better call her".  You are lucky if they call you right after the death.  

So it will do me better to get out for a while, then come home and likely apply for more jobs.  

Happily Ron's friend Ed has not called me back since I said I was not dating for at least 5 years.  He is old enough 5 years is a very long time.  Dad keeps telling me, when I mention it, God may send me someone sooner "and you will know" but we will see.  In the meantime Ed is going straight to voicemail.  

Dad is coming in a few days, alone.  My stepmother has to take care of her elderly mother who has a health problem.  "She doesn't like change" ("Grandma") apparently so it is difficult.  She looks pretty spry in the photos I have seen, though.  She is 99.  Both parents have a pretty good genetic history of living a long time in fairly good health.  I don't envy Mom having to do that.  But at least, from the photo, it looks like she is OK with bathing and all.  

I had terrible times with getting Ron bathed because he hated the water on his skin.  So he wasn't fresh when he died.  But many seniors have this problem and Ron did not have any bedsores or suspicious marks on him when they took him, so they know I did what I could.  

So it will just be Dad, that is fine we were very close when I was a little girl.  He has been very sweet saying he will help me with anything when he comes.  He is also super excited about going to a steakhouse.  Texas has some really good eating, Houston in particular.  I will take him to the little hole in the wall taqueria near my home he will enjoy that too.  He was talking to me about our trip to Galveston should be on a Monday or Tuesday and I agree.  Too busy on the weekend especially as we have really nice weather.  

I like the little memorial area I set up for Ron with the flowers, picture, and urn.  It is tasteful, I think.  I never put anything heavy on that bookcase because Ron would run into it with his wheelchair sometimes.  If Ron were alive he would knock the urn down on his head.  But he's in the urn so not a problem.  

Well his soul is in Heaven.  

I slept better last night I think the b-vitamins are helping.  I just took another.  What I'm going through stresses a body and I need to baby myself a little.  I was really happy yesterday I ate enough protein, and then today I had a sausage patty with my breakfast bar.  My aunt and uncle suggested I get some protein bars and I will look at them.  I also plan to get more of my favorite sliced turkey (Land O Frost) I will eat that right out of the package.  Yum.  It's about $3 a pound.  

So I am trying not to brood.  I am staying away from old blogs for a while, though.  

No comments: