Wednesday, April 17, 2019

"So much better"

We have a friend.  This friend has a severe drinking problem, multiple DUI's, has lost his license, got it back, and as far as I know continues to drive drunk.  He told Ron he should try some "flavored vodkas" as they are "so much better". 

The absolute LAST thing Ron needs is someone encouraging him to drink, or making it a more pleasant experience.  When he drinks "good stuff" he has far more blackouts, more abusive, and it affects his health in negative and obvious ways. 

So Ron just asked me to "help" "tell him the flavors of the flavored vodka at the liquor store".  I told him "You know I won't do that".   Ron was understanding but people don't realize they are causing me pain and conflict when they encourage or minimize Ron's drinking.  For God's sake, don't give him ideas.

And I am sure he will love these flavored vodkas, which will be full of sugar and alcohol, a combination the liquor manufacturers have found to be winning.  Ugh. 

Anyway, Ron spent most of the day passed out in bed.  I took a nap and he woke me up yelling about sales tax.  I told him I was sleeping.  He kept making noise.  I had to tell him directly: be quiet and let me sleep. 

But I couldn't sleep much.  That's unfortunate because I have to get up very early tomorrow. 

I got up and worked on my ab ball.  I was very disappointed to find it was very small and hard to inflate.  They had a little foot pedal thing but I found it easier to just blow in breaths from my lungs.  I got it inflated, I can't see using it for crunches but I can use it to sit on while I do shoulder exercises, it will help work my core and stabilizers. 

Then I worked on cleaning out the boxes in the back of the garage.  My "memory" box took forever to clear through.  I had every get well card Ron had gotten.  Just really old things I didn't need anymore.  But some if it was desirable so I kept that, photos of cats, a few photos of Ron walking around, a few garden photos. 

I also had a lot of old computer software to be tossed.  I got rid of that.  I opened one box and found all my old business clothes, 30 years out of style.  For a professional environment, I preferred a mixture of sporty lines and romantic billows.  So I had a lot of ruffled sleeves, silk, etc.  None of it fits.  One lace sweater is a small.  That is never happening.  So it's all getting donated.  But I had to go through it and pull out all the old pantyhose because no one wants that secondhand. 

I got a lot done and called it a day. 

Ron woke up and got drunk again.  I am surprised he made it back to bed.  He is quiet now so hopefully will "let" me sleep.  Biscuit wants more food but he already ate more than his ration for the day. 

Off to bed, hopefully I will sleep. 

No comments: