Monday, April 1, 2019

It was a long day

I got up at 5, got ready for work, got Ron ready. 

We went to work.  Things were pretty quiet but we were busy all day.  We finally left and came home. 

Ron had a bad night for pain last night (but didn't wake me up), so he took a nap.  Baby Girl laid down on him right before he got up.  It was hard for him to push her away. 

In the meantime, I got on the computer for a while, did some cleaning/organizing.  I rearranged some stuff in the garage and started clearing some storage boxes full of craft stuff near my chair. 

Time to go, we went.  We had a nice driver who took the route Ron suggested instead of the horribly bumpy "shortest route" to the doctor. 

We arrived over an hour early.  Ron drank 2 bottles of water and they didn't need a urine sample.  He asked to make sure they didn't before he used the bathroom.  I told them they should tell him they did need a sample, after all, when he came out.  I said it in front of Ron, who called me "Evil" as he laughed so hard he almost fell out of the wheelchair.  I took him in and he asked me to stay and help.  So he used it and I helped him get dressed again, back in the wheelchair.  Back to the exam room. 

And they didn't get the report.  I did have the CD ROM but that was it.  So we both (me, and the office staff) called and requested they send the report.  Hopefully they will get it but they didn't today. 

Doc came in, we had a visit.  I told him Ron is getting leg pain and he wasn't too worried, as he believes Ron has a pinched nerve.  He wrote a refill and said he would see us in 4 weeks, in the meantime he would review Ron's MRI. 

We set up our return appointment and they put in for the refill.  We were done.  We sat in the waiting room for almost an hour waiting on our ride home. 

I was pretty exhausted by this point.  Our ride came, another nice driver (a happy theme for today) and took us straight home.  Ron wanted to sit in the kitchen and drink, so I finished the organizing I had started earlier.  I got that done and booted Ron out of the kitchen.  Then I heated up the last of the sloppy joes, poured a glass of milk (I won't tell you how many cats had a sip out of my glass), got a yogurt.  I ate my food.  It didn't really feel solid enough to hold my pills, so I ate a banana.  Then I took my pills with the last of the milk and they have done well. 

Ron wanted dinner, and was in the mood for some nurturing.  He was being decent so I read him all the selections in the freezer and heated him up some (cooked) neckbones.  I had him check the temperature, he said they were good, and I gave him a disposable spork.  He ate it out of the foam bowl and threw the dishes away when he was done.  He was very happy. 

I was happy he had a decent dinner.  I had to wash my bowl, though.  I did that and put it in the dish drainer that now had room for wet dishes. 

I fed the cats in there, and Ron went back in the kitchen.  I watched some Criminal Minds.  I had seen it before. 

I plan to go to the lab tomorrow and get my blood test.  I am sure Doc would like to see it before I see him, next week.  This will be a more comprehensive blood test than I normally do, but they had a bundle of tons of tests for $129.  My last lithium level was $29.  So that's a really good deal.  I just have to pray I get a good stick - but they have all been really good at this place. 

I told Ron I would take the bus.  He immediately gave me cab fare.  It seems all I have to do these days is tell him I will take the bus.  I would have, happily, but if he wants to pay for a cab I will take it. 

He told me to make a reservation with Arturo but I told him I would call him in the morning.  That was I can sleep in a little, or get up early, as I feel it.  I like having the option. 

I just now realized it is a little early for me to have taken my lithium, but I will get the blood test anyway.  I don't care if it is a little low and doc doesn't either, as long as I present as basically stable. 

Off I go.  I don't think I'm going to make it awake much longer. 

No comments: