Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Wednesday morning

Ron has taught me something, if I have something nice to say I had better say it, because you just don't know what might happen.

So I just sent my aunt a text letting her know her suggestion for Advil has worked.  I had a much better night and did not want to scream when I put my weight on my foot this morning.  I had a good workout on the bike (intervals) and then did some kettlebells (a little over 10 minutes).  So many squats!  But the areas I want to tone are just a little tight feeling, which means I worked them. 

The trick to working out, helping Ron, and the business is to work it, but not too hard.  Just enough for improvement but not so hard I am wincing for days.  It's an art. 

I did it all with the 5 pound bell because I want to take it easy to start.  Once I master all the movements and can do everything easily (not yet) I will go up to the 10 pound bell in the garage. 

 I plan to also view some videos just to make absolutely sure I am doing it all correctly. 

The fitness tracker on my phone (Google Fit) said I reached 150 cardio minutes for the week already, so I could take the rest of the week off, if I wanted.  I will definitely be taking tomorrow off. 

So I did that, had a protein shake, and took my shower.  I nicked my legs a few times shaving but I always clot easily.  I would hate to be on blood thinners. 

And thanking God I don't work in an office anymore so a small shaving scab on my legs will not affect my job. 

After the shower I did some laundry.  That's pretty much caught up now.  I wore my work shoes (heavy soles) as soon as I got dressed out of the shower, so my foot will get a break.  It's like bracing to wear a heavy work shoe/boot.  It was amazing how much it helped yesterday.  At this rate (and a new pair of workout shoes) I should be better in days, not weeks.  Which is great, as I've got a business to run, a special needs cat, two other cats, and Ron to take care of. 

We are going to the chicken place in a few more hours.  Ron is very excited.  The location is marginal, homeless beg there and use the bathroom, but it's clean and Ron likes the chicken.  He didn't like the fact that someone got robbed at the "close" chicken place near our house, and now all the employees are behind plexiglas. 

The trash hasn't come yet.  Last week I had to call and remind them.  I have some stuff from the garage out there in addition to the regular can-full.  I can't do any more cleaning and organizing until they take the "old" stuff. 

That's it for now.  I hear the garbage truck.  :) 

No comments: