Friday, April 5, 2019

The rest of Friday

Ron had 2 things he had to do today and he did both.

We went to the Waffle House.  It started out great until our waiter put part of (our) tip money into the jukebox and dialed up Rap, and R&B songs.  It was very loud.  Ron got overwhelmed.  He had a small meltdown and I had to take him outside (we had already paid).

On the one hand I felt bad for him, on the other hand I was impatient.  It can be hard loving someone with a head injury.

I doubt we will be back soon.  And that's a shame.  I understand why they have the boxes but UGH so loud.  And most of the music is stuff you hate (I don't care what your taste is, you're going to dislike most of what is on any jukebox).

And our ride was late, taking us home.  But we got home, put Ron's leftovers in the fridge, and took him to bed (no, not like that).  He is asleep right now.

I checked my blood sugar, a little high at 2 hours after eating but not horrible.  But that got me thinking about food and my Walmart order.

So I logged on and started throwing things in my virtual shopping basket.  I got everything on our list and double checked with Ron on any items he would like.

I picked late Monday afternoon for my delivery, that should work with our schedule and be a less-busy time for the store.

Unfortunately, when I went to check out they took several items out of my basket, saying they don't have them.  Including the new lancet I like.  It is great for checking blood sugar and truly does not hurt.  But we have to go in soon anyway so I will hope I find it then.

They didn't have diet Mountain Dew so I selected some low caffeine drink mix powders I can use instead.  They are probably better for me, anyway.  Hopefully they will not be out of stock.

That done, I am just waiting until 7 to check the mail.  The sales tax clerk said they mailed out the forms late (I bet someone got fired over that) this time and we should expect it in a day or two.  So it might be there today.

I sure hope so.  I hate worrying about stuff like that.

Tomorrow we will do our inventory run and then come home.  It is supposed to rain, pretty heavy at times, so better to keep the trips to a minimum.  I already put a poncho and 2 umbreallas in the back of Ron's wheelchair.  I will do some weightlifting after we get home and take Sunday off of working out.

That's the plan, at any rate.  Dad made positive comments about my blood test results on Facebook, it makes me realize he does worry about me.

That's sweet.

I will also check out the Walmart.com website as I spent a lot less on groceries than normal.  I barely made the $30 minimum.  Hopefully I can check out clothes and maybe get a kettlebell.

That's it for now.  I will edit to update if we get the sales tax form.

Edit: yes, it came.  It is in a safe place. 

No comments: