Sunday, April 21, 2019

Half of Sunday

I slept pretty well all night, nice and quiet.  I was awakened by puppy squeals, puppy yelps, and the sound of the father next door talking to another man.  They went on talking while the dog vocalized, and then it stopped. 

Based on that, and my other quiet nights, I am concluding they are crating the dog inside the house and only letting it out to toilet.  So, hopefully, they have learned a LOT more about dog care since the last one. 

Well, I was up.  I figured I might as well get up.  I did that, got dressed in my workout clothes and today's pair or sneakers (I put them in rotation).  I got on the computer for a while and double checked the kettelbell exercises I had planned today - some new ones. 

It is really important, in weightlifting (I think) to know what exactly you want to do, so you can do it correctly = no injury and good results.  Especially if you are working up to heavier weights. 

Once I had that satisfied I turned on my phone and opened the fitness app.  I told it I was doing stationary bike (right at the top of my choices).  I got on the bike, turned on my new fan, and got started.  I did a 30 minute workout.  I never count the warmup and cooldown.  I had my heart rate right where I wanted it for most of the workout.  I did intervals - periods of more intensity with 4 minute breaks with less effort.  Did that, all done.  I told the app I was finished with that.  The fan worked very well but the cord made funny noises every time I moved my leg on the bike. 

I checked on Ron.  He was fine. 

I made a sugarfree "electrolyte" drink and went out in the garage.  I did a little stretching and got to work on the kettlebells.  It was a good workout, I felt more challenged.  On one movement I can go heavier next time, but most of the time I was right in the right range.  Actually, two movements I can go heavier.  I will need to get some more kettlebells soon.  In the meantime I guess I can do more reps with what I do have. 

I had to remember to breathe, it was really hard work slinging those things around, and take a break after each exercise.  If I had a heart rate monitor it would have had a lot to say! 

If someone gave me a heart rate monitor I would take it but it's honestly not high on my list right now.  The (free) fitness app (Google Fit) does a very good job for what I want. 

I was at it for about 15 minutes.  I finished up and put the weights away, then told the app I was done.  I came in, did some more work on the computer, had a glass of milk and some yogurt so my body would have some protein.  Then I took a shower.  I washed my hair and shaved my legs so I don't have to worry about either, tomorrow.  I have to wash my hair every time I work out, but if not I can go every other day. 

Eventually I want to plan out a routine to follow, I am just making it up every day and like a little more structure.  But that can wait for later. 

I think now I will get some lunch, I'm pretty hungry.  I won't take my pills yet but I can eat again later. 

No comments: