Friday, April 5, 2019

Friday

Ron was a big help last night.  We decided to do the Bravecto (3 month flea and tick treatment, applied to back of neck).  I recruited him to help.  He offered food while I caught them, one by one, and dosed them.  I did get some on my hand and worried I would get a migraine today.  If nothing else I will be free of fleas and ticks for 3 months!  :p 

He was a big help and I let him know.  Then he went back to drinking [sigh]. 

Biscuit used to be very mellow about getting dosed (Baby Girl is "the best" - very indifferent).  But his time at the hospital changed him and he doesn't like being touched on the neck anymore.  Maybe I could give him some cheese to lick while I pet him on his neck.  He struggled almost as much as Torbie - who as we all know spent a month in the shelter and hates getting "scruffed". 

I got them all and I reminded Ron not to touch their necks for a while, then went to bed.  I slept pretty well.  Torbie joined me, I think.  I love her sleeping with me. 

I slept in a little, until 8.  Biscuit herded me out of bed and to the food bowl.  I am a dumb animal and require assistance.  :D   I fed each of them their special formula.  I wasn't too worried when Torbie ate some of the 7 and up formula, she is over 7, but I did object when Baby Girl tried to eat the 12+ formula.  They all had a decent breakfast and headed off in different directions. 

Ron got up and started drinking, then went back to bed.  He says he will call Sales Tax "when he gets up".  [sigh]

I decided to do my workout.  Since I will be doing heavy lifting tomorrow, I didn't want to do weights before work.  I can do some powerlifting afterward.  So I made today cardio day. 

I went after the fitness step.  That thing has been kicking my butt, but once I get back in shape I will be bounding on and off that thing with no difficulties.  Just goes to show, you don't have to spend $$$ to get a good workout. 

I did that for about 5 minutes, until my leg muscles felt a little strained - ligaments and tendons, I mean.  I didn't want to hurt myself so I called that done and went and got on the exercise bike.  First I asked Ron if he "needed anything" because, it has been my experience, if I don't ask him before he will ask in the middle.  Easier to just to pop in every couple hours and ask if he needs anything. 

So I got on the bike.  My heart rate was good but I still did a warmup.  Then decisions.  I have various programs I can set, intervals, death intervals, heart rate programs, etc.  I went with the 60% heart rate program.  My heart rate was in the "good" zone for the whole 20 minutes.  I might have gone longer but my legs again. 

Better to take it easy.  I am in my 40's.  My legs are fine now, by the way.  I can work my way up to more aggressive workouts but it is better to take time as I have Ron and the business riding on my back.  Literally. 

I took a shower (I reeked).  Then I did some research, apparently the government wants "you" to exercise 150 minutes, moderate, a week.  So far I have done 40 (not counting weights).  I will do some more tomorrow (20 or so) before I do the powerlifting. 

I will work up to that.  The problem I had before, I literally got addicted to working out and the chemicals released in my brain.  So I had very aggressive schedules, hours a day, several days a week.  That's not healthy or sustainable. 

It seems reasonable to work up to 150 minutes, plus weights, but again, I'm not going to go crazy there. 

I need to figure out a schedule, I will do legs this day, powerlift that, then I need to focus on upper body too.  I have a nice setup (I think) I just need to figure out how to make it work. 

But I will get to that.  If my blood tests are showing me healthy now I can only imagine what some consistent workouts will do.  I do worry about my heart, working out can only help. 

So that's covered.  Ron said he will take me to the Waffle House today, which sounded nice.  It looks like a good trip, even Ron said so.  So likely he will take me.  He is sleeping in bed right now. 

I don't have to worry about how he looks, going to the Waffle House.  It is a simple place. 

The cats are good, Torbie was in the bathroom with me when I was 'using it" but I accidentally scared her and she left. 

I have a little bit of a headache, probably because we have a weather system coming in (a couple of inches of rain), plus the flea medicine on my hand.  It's not too bad, though. 

I had copious (for me, about 200 mg) amounts of caffeine to whack it and so far it is OK.  Severe weather tomorrow means I won't need to do laundry (don't have much)

I am still looking at Monday for my Walmart delivery.  I will need to sit down with Ron and find out what he wants, though. 

It is always nice to get a treat. 

No comments: