Sunday, April 7, 2019

So, the chicken place

Ron found a chicken place that shares space with a gas station.  We have been going there for a while.  It is out of the way but the food is good, very clean, nice people working there.  The customers are a little rough. 

Our ride was early, very nice.  He took us there straight.  We unloaded in the sole handicapped parking place because it was the big van and we needed room for the lift.  That worked. 

We went in and a mexican family was clearly waiting on their order, mom and a son.  We ordered our food but could see they were frying the chicken.  "At least it will be fresh" I told Ron.  We have never gotten anything "old" tasting from this location.  The chicken people were bustling around prepping food. 

The father of the family came in and started talking loudly in spanish, clearly very annoyed at having to wait.  The wife/mother told him to be patient, it was coming.  He stood there glaring at the employees and tapping his foot for a while, then went back out to the vehicle. 

Eventually they got their food and left.  The son, by the way, was the most patient of all of them, scrolling on his phone. 

They gave us our food.  My chicken fried steak came with a spork.  That's no good for cutting.  I decided to wait on eating the steak.  I would eat it at home with proper utensils. 

Ron started working on his 3 piece, and the side that came with my order.  I didn't want a side so I ordered what Ron wanted and then gave it to him.  Win for both of us.  I don't like to waste food. 

I had ordered some extra biscuits so I ate those and drank my diet soda while Ron murdered the jalapeno cheese things, and a couple pieces of chicken. 

Another mexican woman came in, looking harried.  And our driver pulled up. 

Problem.  The "nice lady" had stolen the handicapped parking spot so it was impossible to load Ron from a parking spot.  She saw us outside and me talking to the driver, over by the gas pump.  The driver said, let's go ahead and load him (by the gas pump) and I said OK, I didn't see a choice unless the woman moved, and she didn't. 

It has been my experience when you ask people to move, especially mexicans, they basically tell you to f**k off.  First come, first served seems to be how they see it.  Plus she had no English skills, so I wasn't going to attempt it. 

I had NOTHING nice to say about her for that.  So we loaded Ron in the middle of the parking lot, next to the gas pump, and got the hell out of there as quickly as possible.  We had the same driver and another straight trip.  I guess I was right about the bad weather making everyone cancel. 

We came home, and decided to file the report tomorrow.  I started the laundry, it's a pretty big load, basically my whole summer wardrobe.  I will be busy with that for a couple of hours. 

I need to eat at some point, I put my food (and gravy) in the fridge, so no rush.  Ron has gone to bed.  I am not going to wash his clothes tonight, just mine, and then I can do him tomorrow or Tuesday. 

The cats are good, except I forgot I put Biscuit's food out, and the other 2 got into it.  Ooops.  A couple bites won't hurt them long term but I need to be more observant. 

I am over one of my goals on being active today.  I am virtually at the other goal.  And this is just a lazy day off. 

I can only imagine what tomorrow is going to look like on my fitness tracker. 

Not sure if I mentioned it, I also downloaded a kindle book on working out with kettlebells.  That will be a big help in my workouts.  I also talked to Ron about letting me know when he is coming my direction so I don't whack him in the head with the weight.  Neither of us wants that and you know NO ONE would believe it was an accident. 

I just need to get a monthly calendar so I can track everything on a monthly view. 

That's it for now.  For some reason just now Biscuit came in the room and began licking my leg.  He must have been satisfied because he left. 

Just when I think I have my cats figured out...

No comments: