Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Awful start

I slept OK.  Got up at 7 on my day off. 

The cats were hungry.  I went to feed them and saw Ron in the kitchen.  Slumped over in his wheelchair and passed out.  While I was feeding the cats he began choking/throwing up and then gagging some more, coughing, etc.  It was pitiful and disgusting. 

I left him alone, he is breathing OK.  God only knows what mess I will find later, I guess I am doing another load of clothes. 

I'm not going to move him.  There is nothing I need in the kitchen worth it. 

What an awful start to the day. 

5 comments:

Spankadoo said...

He needs to go to in patient detox then into a long term treatment facility while you go and take care of your own mental and physical health if there is any hope of him or you surviving this. I am so sorry.

Be strong the answer is there you just have to make the purpose of saving your own life more important than watching him die at his own hand and by his own will.

Anonymous said...

One morning you will go into the kitchen and find him dead, having choked on his own vomit. Talk about a disgusting pig of a man.

Heather Knits said...

I will talk to him about witnessing this and how it made me feel.

That should provide a wake up. It won't last but maybe for a while, and I'll have done what I "ought".

If he was as committed to me as he is the alcohol - wow.

Anonymous said...

You should talk to his doctor about this and how it made you feel. Ron doesn't care.

Honestly, I think you should simply call 911 when you observe this and let ems haul him to the emergency room. You can go with him to make sure they have his medical information, and then go home. Let him wake up in the hospital and handle his own mess for a change.

Anonymous said...

That could kill Ron. I know someone in their 70s who choked to death while smoking a joint last year.
Ask him if he's ready to die?