Saturday, April 13, 2019

Challenging

Today was challenging. 

I didn't sleep well, I kept hearing a puppy crying last night.  But a while ago I heard one of the little kids next door making similar noises so maybe she kept getting out and making noises like a puppy?  And what does that say about her "family"?!

Anyway, whatever it was kept me from sleeping.  I slept as late as I could and got up, got Ron dressed, put on my workboots, etc. 

We went to the warehouse, that was pretty uneventful except for loading 7 cases of water onto the cart.  I got 20 "move" minutes off my 60 for the day, just at the warehouse.  I maxed it at well over 76 before I finished work for the day.  And this with a bad foot.  Of course my foot wasn't happy but I butched up.  I like to think I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. 

We got to work, I did what I could but my foot was yelling.  I did not whine or complain, I just did it. 

We had a "no room" on the way home, a client was so fat they took up 2 spaces in the cab, forcing us to wait an additional hour for a ride after a hard day of manual labor (me).  Two managers confirmed the other client was too large.  I was Not Happy.  What can I say?  Someone ate and ate and kept eating until they couldn't walk anymore, and they kept eating after that.  Now they are 500 some pounds and taking up 2-3 seats in a cab every time they ride, and working people who take care of themselves (say what you will about Ron, he's thin) have to wait hours out of their day. 

So no, not happy.  Then Ron started moaning and crying about his foot hurt, he forgot to take his pain pill, etc.  He was OK about it for a while.  But this is ongoing.  You will see in a minute. 

So then a big van pulls in.  I practically sprinted up the stairs, leaving Ron outside with the driver.  I saw another passenger with bandages from dialysis, and missing a leg.  Diabetes.  And people wonder why I check every day. 

We had to go drop him at his town house, a real hellhole if I do say.  Then the driver took us home.  Ron is hurting, but not moaning or crying. 

We get home and he goes straight for the vodka.  This is after he has taken the pain pill, waiting on our ride.  Then he takes Benadryl.  I asked him why, I was curious to hear his reasoning "To amplify the vodka".  Oh, stupid Heather, you didn't know? 

And I see myself explaining all this to the paramedic, the ER Doc, and the coroner one day.  Which seems likely. 

Of course I told him it was a Bad Idea but he wasn't listening and "just wanna stop the pain".  I told him I was taking a nap after I drank a glass of milk and took some Advil. 

I had not moaned or cried all day and the pain was pretty bad at times.  I walked over 5K steps today and I felt each one.  So I ate a small yogurt, drank the milk, and took the Advil.  Then I told him I was going to bed. 

He called Pete and told Pete we would be up at 4.  Then he went to bed. 

I managed to drop off OK and there he is with the moaning and crying.  It was worse than the puppy or whatever it was last night..  I just wanted an hour and a half.  But I wasn't getting it.  I gave up at three and said something to him.  He told me to "Go back to sleep".  I told him, quite irritably, I couldn't sleep. 

I got up.  I hated to leave Biscuit, who'd been sleeping on me.  What a good boy, one sure love in my life. 

I did rub some lavender essential oil on my heels, and between my toes.  It will keep my feet fresh and maybe help with the pain.  I have found lavender oil helpful on small burns and wasp stings. 

I got dressed.  I'm up. 

Here's the killer: Ron shut up.  I could scream!  He... drives me nuts sometimes. 

So I suppose I will make my grocery delivery (Chuck didn't seem to be in a grocery sort of mood yesterday) order and get that late Monday.  Maybe I will get L. again.  I like him, he's a nice guy and takes good care of my stuff. 

Pete may or may not come by later.  Ron isn't moaning and crying so I suppose that means he can go out. 

I had planned to do some cardio today BUT with my foot this way, and everything else going on, I will forgo.  I got my 150 minutes + for the week and that is good enough. 

I can have a real blaster workout tomorrow, if I want. 


No comments: