Sunday, April 21, 2019

The rest of Sunday

I had a pretty good nap, woke up to screaming kids (not #6 for a change).  I think it was #2.  They are renting.  They are more loud and ignorant.  They like to stand in the driveway and scream conversation at each other, loud and ignorant for everyone to hear.  They have been pretty rude to me as well.  Anyway, they stayed on their side of the fence. 

One of the visitors parked in front of my house, but, as I told Ron, did not block the driveway.  Anyone in or blocking the driveway gets towed.  They stood in front of our house shouting ignorant conversation at the renter standing in their driveway for a while.  I wanted to yell "SHUT UP.  No one in my house has EVER disturbed your peace and quiet in your house, PLEASE return the favor."  It's the kind of thing that doesn't make me feel bad when our ride makes noise very early in the morning. 

They eventually stopped. 

I did some housework, did a load of laundry.  My cute new T-shirt will be ready to wear tomorrow.  I got Ron a matching one, I thought that would be fun if we matched.  Normally I don't do that as I favor black, and bright colors.  Ron hates black and the bright colors don't have a shirt pocket.  That's a deal killer for Ron, he made me get rid of all the shirts without a pocket.  I have another half hour on the dryer. 

Ron woke up and went in the kitchen for vodka.  We talked and decided to get rid of one of the water bowls, the cats don't use it and I keep kicking it.  So I tossed that.  I also threw away a heavy glass vodka bottle.  It's just a bad idea to have that around. 

Once Ron got a little saturated he said he should call his sister.  I asked him not to.  He did not want to talk to her because he was lonely or missing her, but drunk enough to want to stir the pot and get her upset, ruin her holiday basically.  I said I was happy without them (both siblings) in our lives and really did not want them back. 

I also reminded him they were horrible to me after the accident.  I finished by asking nicely, please don't call her.  He said he always forgot they had been bad to me, he just woke up and they were pretty much out of the picture.  I said a lot happened before that. 

I reminded him I only ever asked his sister for one thing: a ride home from the hospital.  Our place was not far from hers, it would have been maybe 15 minutes more driving for her.  And she said no.  When we were doing discharge planning I told them all I would need is a "sitter" for Ron for an hour, and a ride to Walmart once a week.  That is all I wanted.  And they said no to that.  They wanted to put Ron in a nursing home and all their plans were geared toward making that happen. 

They wanted what was easy, I wanted what was right.  And I still stand by my choice. 

So he decided he would not give her a call.  Thank God.  We talked for a little while.  He was in a pleasant mood which is a load off for me.  But you should have seen him try to get back into bed - VERY ugly.  But he's there now. 

I offered to fix him something to eat, chicken nuggets or something, but he said no.  He has some TV dinners if he changes his mind, and the microwave is on the counter so he can access it. 

I am just waiting for my clothes to finish, thinking about my own dinner.  I had a chicken parmesan earlier, it was pretty good.  I was happy to see the vegetable section was very heavy on carrots and minimal broccoli.  It was pretty good and decent protein. 

Since I am working out, I am focused on having a good protein intake so I can recover and repair.  I have had about 60 grams so far.  I will have a protein shake before I eat some ice cream, I think.  :)  Balance in everything. 

My abs, shoulders, back, butt, and legs all feel nicely worked.  I am happy with this workout but I still need to plan out a routine for the week.  I need to make sure I am challenging myself, but not overworking anything, always vigilant to the fact I may need to grab Ron and keep him from falling, or pick up something heavy at work.  I will probably do that next, then protein, ice cream, and laundry. 

And I'd better go do it.  I have to get up at 4 AM tomorrow, but we'll be done early. 

2 comments:

Spankadoo said...

Who are the new body building/weight training fitness gurus? Everything changes thank goodness it keeps it all interesting ..and do they have any good YouTube. For instance a 30 day “insert body part or goal here “ Challenges? I have done a lot of yoga challenges in my days and some fitness ..who is the healthiest weight training guru on YouTube I wonder I am going to research , if there is anyone you really like and find please share your journey and review the videos for us...more of us have a space like you do or less and would love any help finding good work out plans!
Sending love I wonder if you could find a support group at a DV DA shelter in your area .

Heather Knits said...

I just care about overall health and strength. Although based on yesterday's workout, I am firming my butt as well. :p

I saw an interesting "beginning kettlebell" workout video on Youtube which I found helpful for basic movements. I am not super coordinated and it is difficult to do some things but I can get most of the basics.

I am looking forward to cleaning out my garage and redoing it. I do need to keep in mind it could flood and remember that. One reason I don't plan to get a treadmill, I'm thinking more heavy bag instead.