Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Senior Advantage

I never did a post about yesterday. 

First, let me cue up some music.  OK. 

I slept OK but just woke up exhausted.  It may be due in part to Biscuit's habit of hogging the bed.  Torbie is a nice mature lady, stays off to the side in the bed.  I have basically given her the left side of the bed.  But Biscuit likes to lay on/by my feet and legs, makes it hard to turn over.  I will just have to adapt. 

I'm not booting him out of my bed, not that I could anyway. 

We went to work, it was pretty uneventful.  The other vendor used to have 3 people, his wife, brother, and another guy.  The guy left.  He hired a young lady, really sweet, loves cats.  She did well.  Then he hired Ben, who has a husky.  Nice people, I like them.  This Monday he had an additional person, for a total of 5. 

Ron says his payroll must be through the roof.  I bet.  It was pretty uneventful except for the girl finding me and telling me Ron had escaped out onto the work floor, and did I want to get him?  I said no.  She was aghast.  I explained Ron knows our area well, and he had likely gone to the fridge or the bathroom.  She just looked at me like a kicked puppy.  I told her he had a cell phone, I had a phone, he would certainly call me if he got into trouble. 

Sure enough, when I came back from getting sandwiches, Ron was stocking a soda machine.  He said he had been teasing her a little, telling her she must be beautiful because she has such a nice voice.  I thought it was cute. 

But the two vendors are very different and that's all I'll say. 

By the way, we got an email, we can raise prices if we want.  It will be interesting to see if the other vendor wants to raise prices.  We REALLY need to do candy bars.  Our cost is way low.  Most places have a standard candy bar at $1.89, we are $1.  Our cost on that is way too high.  We will see. 

So we stocked, I ran out of time and snapped at Ron (always going to be honest, here), told him if he wants my help with sodas he will have to give me more time.  We also took home some sandwiches that went "out of code" (expired) that day.  I ate a turkey at work, it was good.  Needed a little more mayo.  I am used to mayo slathered on everything. 

We went to the bank, made a deposit, and he paid me.  The bank wasn't very busy yet. 

We came home, I put the sandwiches away and tried to take a nap.  But #6's kids must be out of school this week because they made a lot of racket.  It just boggles me how people will spend thousands of dollars, undergo shots and all sorts of treatments, just for the chance at a child, when I would do just about anything not to have a child. 

Not abortion, but pretty much everything up to that. 

Anyway, I didn't rest.  I got up, Ron was still asleep.  That seems to be his senior advantage: he can sleep through all sorts of racket now. 

I got up and got ready.  Sure enough, Walmart sent me an email.  My order was coming. 

The only negative thing I can say about my drivers is that many of them have unfortunate name spellings.  This one did, too.  Poor things.  It must be hard to get ahead in life with a creative spelling. 

But, like all the rest, she was wonderful and professional.  She brought a man with her who helped.  I gave her the tip.  I got everything, they subbed 2 items but I had said that was OK when I placed my order.  The milk was still cold, the greens still fresh, etc.  Later on Walmart called me to see if the order was OK. 

Once I got everything put away I ate one of my yogurts.  Then I went out in the garage and set things up for today.  For instance, I have an ez curl barbell.  It is for doing arm exercises, but it was too heavy.  So I took some plates off it and tried it, it worked very well.  I did some other "weight room housekeeping" type things. 

I talked to Ron yesterday and told him I really wanted to go to Academy on the bus, and take a cab home, but my foot was bothering me and I wouldn't be able to walk much.  I sincerely told him I guessed I would have to wait. 

He volunteered to take me.  I was shocked.  I told him I needed about 45 minutes.  He set up a one way trip to the store and then a cab home.  Well.  And has continued to have a good attitude about this. 

So that is great.  I am really looking forward to that. 

I had everything put-up.  I had gotten some kettle chips, generic brand (you will find a lot of generic brands in my house, except laundry detergent).  Some of them were jalapeno.  I told Ron I didn't want them and he offered to take them.  He ate a bag (they are little one ounce bags) and loved it.  Good.  And it's only 4 bags so he won't get sick or fat. 

I ate a plain kettle chip and the last turkey sandwich for dinner.  Ron had an egg salad.  I had a glass of milk with my food and went to take my medication, and realized I must have already taken it.  It wasn't in the slot.  So I guess I took it already and forgot. 

Now I am getting ready to do my workout.  Cardio then weights.  My hair is a nest but the weights don't care.  I slept OK but woke up with a headache, I took something. 

So I have plenty of caffeine on board, I just need to make up a caffeine free drink to work on during my "bike ride" and I'm set. 

2 comments:

Spankadoo said...

You are rocking the work out time good for you Healther do not forget to do yourself a good before and after photo and stats ! It does help to have them I am looking at a pile of clothing I can not figure out if I should donate just yet? I hate to do it and gain again . I do not think I will but just in case I should give it a few months from my goal . I am fluctuating between 146-148 right now and my goal is 140 . I am still doing the intermittent fasting and went full on keto this week to see if I could break this plateau and hit my goal before the first day of summer . I am old so it takes me a bit longer to break the stalls than it used to . Low carb doesn’t work as well but keto usually bumps me into fat burning.
I love dairy and honestly could go 100% vegan if I did not love dairy so much. I have always loved the low carb/keto as my “go to” since cheese and dairy are included.
I also am addicted to keto microwave mug cakes they are my go to breakfast have you tried them ? Even though you are doing your own thing you might enjoy them as a treat in the evening and you can make them out of so many things! Just do a search for “keto muffins” also check out Dr Berg he talks a lot about insulin resistance ect you may have heard of him? I am eating a peanut butter chocolate mug muffin for breakfast when I get hungry (my IF goes from my first meal when I get hungry so I make a muffin or boiled eggs then just make sure I eat a good sized meal of my choice before 3pm my blood sugars are good and as long as I am in ketosis I am not hungry )
Lots of blabbing today feeling a bit lonely but still very happy in my own world . Much love Heather I get joy when I read about your own self care time ...it is critical to survival to claim time and space when you are living like you do as a wife employee and full time care taker to someone who hurls a lot at you, good for you ! I am doing legs and do a bit of swimming today I have no room to work out at home but maybe some stretching live on hills for walking but go to the gym for everything else .

Heather Knits said...

I'm almost double you! LOL

I'm not ready to commit to a certain way of eating just yet, I am focusing on getting healthier. All my blood numbers were great so I am OK eating a moderate diet for now.

I will look into the muffin recipe.