Friday, April 19, 2019

A trip to Walmart

I got a response to that other woman's Facebook drama, she put up a very large, annoying, flashing thing with a picture of a dog that said "Triggered" and made some rude comments.  I said, I don't even know where we met (she had said something like "Oh, Heather, you know me"), not going to argue, better things to do, goodbye.  Then I unfriended her.  She will figure it out eventually. 

But I refuse to be a part of disrespecting a hard working class of people just because you are too ignorant to figure out they take money out of the register to make change.  She had refused to believe they actually needed the money to make change, that it was some cashier conspiracy ripping people off. 

One, I don't deal with people who run around slandering others.  Two, I don't deal with ignorant.  The Bible is clear on that, you cannot educate an ignorant person.  Three, you get what you give and if you are giving me disrespect and mocking you will find me walking away.  And yes, that applies to Ron. 

She can run around being paranoid and ignorant all she wants.  And I think that is the worst thing I can say about a person, when they're ignorant. 

Anyway, I slept OK.  I think the puppy next door likes my noise maker, and it calms her down.  At any rate I slept late, until 8:45.  I got on the computer for a little bit, did my workout (bike intervals) and took a shower.  I got dressed and called Arturo. 

Ron had given me some cab fare money to run errands without him.  He ate some chicken this morning before I left.  He really likes the strawberry vodka, but not the watermelon.  He put the strawberry into a plastic bottle instead of the glass.  He found that challenging and asked for help.  I said you know I can't do that but I will suggest pouring a moderate amount into a plastic cup and then pouring that into the funnel.  Later on I saw him doing just that. 

When I left, Ron had just eaten some chicken and was reading a talking book. 

Arturo came, took me to the bank.  Then Walmart. 

I wanted a cute sports bra.  They had nothing in my size.  Literally, even the ugly "daily wear" ones.  They had much bigger and smaller sizes but nothing that worked for me.  Then I thought, I'll get some more socks.  I wear socks more now that I am working out and wearing shoes every day, even my day off.  And they stopped making my brand.  There was a whole family there from India, it sounded like, from their accents, looking at women's socks for the older girl in the family.  It reminded me of how other cultures will do the same thing, bring the whole family out to buy a box of tampons or a canister of baby formula. 

That was a total loss.  I moved on to the men's department.  I found some cute army green pocket tshirts for me and Ron.  I looked for protein shakes.  They have apparently stopped making them, it's a shame because I really liked them.  Most protein shakes only have about 8-10 grams, these had 30.  I found the cottage cheese I like, and some Diet Mountain Dew. 

Then I found the Jalapeno kettle chips Ron likes.  He was very happy to see them when I got home, they are huge bags and will keep him busy for a while.  Then off to the cat department.  I have never understood why Walmart has the cat food right next to the heavily scented laundry products.  The scent will get into the cat food and ruin it for the poor animals.  One reason I don't buy cat food there. 

And they were out of my litter.  Well, good thing I wasn't out.  I moved on, then doubled back and looked at air fresheners.  I couldn't find anything in the plug in variety I liked, so I went with a cone in lavender, I have it here on my desk. 

Then I went to sporting goods.  I didn't get anything there.  On my way to check out, a woman exited an aisle with a teenage boy, about 13.  He was whining and complaining because she wouldn't buy him a toy.  I will give her props for saying "No" consistently.  But he kept whining, yanking on her hand, trying to turn her around to go back by force. 

Now that's the point I'd have spanked him for starters and finished it when we got home.  But she just kept saying no.  He began sobbing, a big, 13 year old boy, and laid down on the floor.  I was stuck behind them, he was blocking the aisle.  I sighed and went around to the other side of the aisle and went around.  But I could hear him halfway across the store.  He wasn't the only bratty kid but he was the most memorable. 

I almost hope he is autistic because that kind of behavior in a 13 year old boy (taller than me) is otherwise inexcusable.  This is what happens when parents are told they "can't" spank their kids, it "harms" them and all that bullcrap.  It harms them if you don't have discipline, early and often as needed, up until they leave your house. 

Just my opinion.  But every adult I know who was spanked turned out very well.  Some have done very well, but not my story to tell. 

I hunted around and could not find a cold diet dr pepper.  It was proving to be a challenging day to shop.  I settled for a couple of diet root beers instead, and a cold Dr pepper for Arturo.  He loves them. 

I looked around at the cashiers.  Normally I like to shop very early so my favorites weren't present.  I did see one I knew and went with him.  Or her.  They're transgendered.  But a good cashier, all I care about. 

I got rung up quickly and accurately, no complaints, whining, or eye rolling about my reusable bags.  I'm going to remember that.  Bags filled appropriately as well. 

I still have a little carrying cash, not much but enough for tips.  And I had put enough in my online account to cover a couple of deliveries. 

I didn't want any ready made food, I have to cook some meat tonight.  So I went out and called Arturo.  He said 20 minutes. 

As you might expect, I had done a lot of walking.  So I found a seat, which is not my custom.  I drank my sodas and saw a couple of paratransit drivers.  One guy in a wheelchair - I had seen him all over the store, with a wagon instead of a shopping cart.  Why, I couldn't say.  He had a caregiver with him who was answering questions he asked about her life.  He got a couple 5-gallon things of water and a bunch of junk food.  I hope food stamps didn't buy that junk food because none of what he had would promote health.  You need to eat a lot of protein when you are in a wheelchair. 

One reason I am always getting Ron fried chicken, it is protein, and he will eat it. 

Speaking of, I need to boot him out of the kitchen and do my cooking.  That's it for now. 

Edit: later on I accidentally stepped on Biscuit while making dinner.  I feel terrible about that, he looked so betrayed.  He ran off just fine though. 

Hopefully I will be back in good graces tomorrow. 

No comments: