Monday, April 8, 2019

Monday

A busy day. 

I had ordered an 11 pound (expensive) bag of Blue Wilderness for my cats before Biscuit got sick.  I never opened it. 

I also had a 5 pound bag I keep in reserve.  I have run out of cat food, it was an awful experience with the cat crying and begging and I had nothing. 

I would do anything to prevent a recurrence. 

But what to do with it?  It's unopened, someone wants it.  I batted some ideas around, but then the other vendor hired a cat lady to work for him.  Ah! 

I asked, she accepted.  Her coworker is a dog guy so I bought him a box of Milk Bones in the meaty flavors. 

But I had to take all that to work, plus the bag we use for change.  It is a large zippered tote, we keep deposit slips and other supplies in the bag so we can make change deposits.  It also conceals the large amount of change.  That had to go, as Ron wanted to "dump" a large amount of nickels at the bank on our way home. 

So we left with these 2 huge bags.  We got to work, got to stocking.  The gifts were a huge hit, especially the milk-bones.  He didn't know I heard him say he had a dog. 

I am just glad he wasn't one of those prissy my dog only eats organic deer meat types. 

We stocked, took a while.  Our sandwiches were late but not too bad.  I got everything done and put away. 

Now, the fun part - getting about 3,000 nickels loaded into the bag without breaking our backs.  5 grams each.  Let me do the math.  7.5 kilograms or about 17 pounds.  It felt much heavier. 

We wrangled it into the bag.  Now, I know Ron loves me, as much as he can.  He was utterly hysterical with fear at the thought I might harm myself doing this.  Then we got the bag into his lap and took him out to the bus stop. 

One day, we will remember to bring the leg for the wheelchair. 

We got out there, onto the van, into the bank.  We got rid of the damned thing.  I don't care how much they give us, I am just happy it is gone!  So's Ron! 

Then we made a cash deposit to cover sales tax.  They asked for ID.  We told them, if anyone wants to make cash deposits into our account they are welcome to do so. 

We finished that and called Arturo.  We went through a drive through, but it was very slow so Arturo did some cab driver thing and went sideways into a regular parking spot so I could run in and get it that way.  That was much faster. 

I got a bacon cheeseburger.  I will eat it in a couple of hours. 

We came home, I took a nap for a little bit.  I had a dream about an obnoxious old man taking over my house.  When I woke up, I realized I had an obnoxious old man in my house, and he was very drunk.  I took him to bed and got him settled. 

The groceries were early, and it was the guy I like.  Not like that, he is just a really nice guy.  But he likes NPR so no hope for us as a couple!  :p  Anyway, last time he came I forgot to give him a tip, so I took it out to him this time with the one for today.  I believe in giving people what they are owed. 

Besides, he had to carry a heavy case of water into the garage.  I checked everything this time, it was all there.  Only notable things: the bananas were very green, and they subbed vanilla yogurt for lemon.  No big issues, either of them. 

I said goodbye and he left, then I closed the garage and put everything where it went.  I cleaned up around where I keep the water, I hadn't done that in a while.  My sewing box had fallen over and I had spools of thread and needles everywhere, that took a while to pick it all up.  There were some other things I disposed of, too. 

See, my cleaning issue is not hoarding.  Generally speaking, I have NO issue tossing things and I'm usually happy to do so.  That is very unlike a hoarder.  It's an energy issue for me, do I have the energy to get rid of it.  But when I have the energy I do a lot. 

So I did that for a bit but I was saving my energy for the walk. 

My fitness tracker maxed out at work on "move" points.  I just needed to get some cardio.  I decided walking was a good idea.  It was a lovely day, sunny, nice breeze, perfect temp in the 70's.  It was also quiet!  And we have a nice park right down the street! 

So I strapped on some old sneakers and went for a walk.  I had a very good time until the end, when my feet suddenly said I HATE THESE SHOES and began hurting.  I walked about 2 miles in 40 minutes.  I came home and poured a glass of milk, but it tasted funny.  I sat at the computer debating whether the milk had really gone bad or not.  I finally said, it is $1.80 a gallon, I can afford to pour it out, so I did.  Then I opened the new milk that just came today and had a nice FRESH glass.  I also ate one of my yogurts. 

In about an hour I will check the mail, Ron begged, he is looking for books.  Plus we need the electric bill so we can pay it.  After that I will eat my burger. 

I got some nice food today, hamburger to make sloppy joes - Ron loves them, lots of protein.  I also got some link sausage.  I like to cut it into coins and fry it in the skillet.  They are crunchy and delicious.  Plenty of dairy.  I also got more spinach for salads, I will probably have one tonight. 

My aunt is coming tomorrow to take me to see my doctor.  Then we are getting lunch and coming back.  She said she is looking forward to it.  It will be fun for both of us. 

Torbie has shown a preference for the 7+ formula for cats vs the 12+.  I have been feeding her the former more often and she eats it with relish.  She is over 7 so it's fine.  I would just rather have her eating the 12.  But maybe it doesn't appeal.  I won't force her. 

It is more important she eats regularly. 

No comments: