Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The last of the day, I hope

I took my shower, took a while washing my hair, it was pretty tangled even after brushing.  So I conditioned it and more dead hair came out in my hands while I was applying the conditioner.  I have plenty of hair, not worried about that, it's just tedious getting all the old hair out.  I read somewhere we lose about 50 hairs a day.  Not a problem when they are a couple inches long, a bigger issue when it's 2 feet or so. 

Got done with the shower and watched some TV.  Ron ate a snack in his bedroom, I could hear him.  I ate a snack up front, not much but enough.  When my hair had dried some, I took a nap. 

Ron had been making a lot of noise so I asked him to please be quiet for my nap.  He was relatively quiet.  I laid down with Torbie and drifted a little but didn't really go under. 

I finally got up, I had a headache.  I drank a cold Diet Dr which helped.  Ron asked a little about yesterday, he said his hand was acting funny.  I said he had been passed out on the floor for most of the night and had fallen 2x that I knew about.  That took him aback.  I saw him working with his hand, it is messed up (not mangled, just not working right), but he doesn't want to see a doctor.  That is his choice.  Last I saw he was able to pay his own bills, etc. so he can make decisions about his medical care.  I found it alarming, I hope he can still use a computer.  Hopefully he just pinched something and that is all. 

He went back to his room, looked pretty precarious after he stood up to get into bed.  He stood there swaying.  I encouraged him so sit before he fell again, he did.  He made the trips for tomorrow so that's done.  He actually seems to be in good spirits.  He was able to go to the bathroom by himself so this shouldn't affect me much. 

Oh, that would be awful.  I am just worn out but I think I acted appropriately today. 

I will continue to monitor his hand and make sure he is not getting worse, but I think he would let me know if he was.  Now I need to get some dinner and take my pills. 

I have to go to bed early tonight, Ron set up an early pickup for tomorrow. 

No comments: