Wednesday, April 10, 2019

The chair

Well, the garbage came.  I watched "My 600 pound life" for a while until Ron woke up. 

A side note before I go further.  I believe spring break is this week because #6 has had kids making racket all day today, not in school, clearly not sick.  But I did realize recently she is doing daycare so they might not even be hers. 

Her car was gone when we left to go to the chicken place.  We ordered our food right before a big rush.  One ignorant woman was screaming at the entire staff and demanding a "big discount, or a free meal".  She got neither.  It was awful to overhear. 

I have thought that I am very qualified for an assistant manger food service position, but hearing that today pretty much cured me of it.  A lot of things I would do before I did that. 

Ron made some comments about rude people, don't know if she heard him or not.  Eventually she left, with her kids. 

What a horrible thing to teach your children, make a scene until you get what you want, if you don't get what you want threaten to call headquarters (even that didn't faze the chicken people).  The woman got her food but that's it. 

We ate our food.  I got chicken strips.  Ron got a 3 piece.  I gave him my side, as I didn't want one.  I just ate some extra biscuits.  The pharmacy called, 3 of my medications were in.  Total, about $50 for all of them. 

Not bad.  We can either schedule a trip on Friday or I can pay someone to take me. 

We had a good meal.  I had to wait a while for my food to cool, the chicken was right out of the fryer and definitely reached the proper internal temperature.  Once it cooled, it was delicious, and it, and a couple of biscuits, made my medication happy. 

My stomach had been a little irritated from the painkillers. 

We finished our meal and waited for our ride home.  We waited almost an hour, Ron kept apologizing but I felt it was a good idea to make it longer, because, sometimes they don't have the chicken, and what I want has to be fried to order.  He kept apologizing, though. 

Our ride came and I took Ron out to the van.  There was another client.  She was talking about "Sometimes she has a taste for Pappadeaux"  it's a restaurant with $20 appetizers, $40 main courses,  etc. 

And Ron had the $3 special.  I couldn't believe it, what a waste of money.

I've mentioned I leave a chair in the driveway for a couple of reasons.  One, to remind #6 it is NOT their driveway, it belongs to someone else and stop using it as a cut-through/playground.  Two, I sit in it when we are waiting on a ride.  Three, I like the way it looks (it also discourages people from parking in the driveway or using it as a turn-around). 

Anyway, I have found it moved, most likely by #6, on a couple of occasions.  I keep it at an angle and he kept "straightening it out".  I kept putting it back.  This time the chair had been picked up and moved to the middle of the driveway, I had to pick it up and put it back.  At an angle, of course.  I didn't express any audible annoyance, I am sure whoever did it was hoping to hear me ranting about it. 

But I wasn't going to give them that satisfaction.  I just went in the house and this is all you'll hear about it. 

But, rude.  #6 doesn't have OCD, if you could see the way he keeps his yard, it is pretty bad at times.  I think he got used to thinking of it as "his" driveway and is upset that I am marking it as "my" territory. 

But he doesn't pay the bills, we do.  Our driveway. 

I am just waiting to check the mail before I go to bed.  We work tomorrow but a little later than usual, for us.  This way we will overlap 2 shifts. 

Then we are coming home.  I will call and see what is going on with the Risperidone, I think they didn't put in for that, but they may have. 

The next time I go to Walmart, I want to get some shoes for working out.  Something I can wear around the house until my foot is better.  I love bare feet. 

I used to go barefoot outside, too, until I stepped on a red wasp about 10 years ago.  That was pretty painful!  The wasp flew away. 

No comments: