Friday, April 12, 2019

Waiting on the pizza

Well, I had a good trip to the store. 

First, when I woke up at 6, I heard Ron drinking in the kitchen.  I got up after he went back to bed and did my morning prep things. 

He got up again around 9 and went back into the kitchen to drink.  He got very drunk but not belligerent.  He was just incoherent and not appealing to look at, even for him. 

Chuck came early and we left.  Walmart.  First stop, bill pay center.  Got the electric bill paid, yay, I can charge my cell phone and get online. 

Next stop, pharmacy.  I have never used my debit card to buy anything at Walmart, I have, in this order, done: bought Bibles at Christian book store, paid for Doc visit this Tuesday, and now the pharmacy.  It worked.  Chuck was very proud of me, he said.  He probably sees me as a Luddite but I don't like to use my debit card except online with a trusted retailer. 

They wanted to talk to me.  I was a little baffled but went over to the consultation window.  Pharmacist knows me very well.  She asked how long I had been taking the Depakote and I said several years.  "Oh, OK then" and gave them to me. 

I am guessing they put a flag on it because I am childbearing age (barely) and the med has been linked to some serious birth defects. 

Next up, drinks.  Specifically diet soda, I got some, then threw a gallon of milk in the cart.  Off to shoes.  And, praise God, I found decent looking sneakers, 9W, very quickly.  I tried them on, they would work nicely.  They were a little under $20 each.  I plan to put my insoles in them later but overall they are good.  I just need something basic so I can take a walk without limping home like a run over pet. 

I got one each white and black pair.  I'm wearing the white ones now. 

Then I went over to the fitness section.  I could use some plates but they didn't have what I wanted.  By plates I mean weight plates you put on a barbell.  No joy.  I will have to do a trip to Academy sports (not too far from the house) and see what they have. 

I did find some cute silicon rings in purple and black, they stretch a little.  They were $5, I decided to get them.  I am wearing them now and they are very comfortable. 

Then I lost Chuck, but after a couple minutes I found him again.  I paid, just under $51.  Not bad considering I got 2 pair shoes.  I love Walmart for that. 

We went home, put everything in the garage, said goodbye.  I dropped the garage door and opened the door to the house.  And there was Ron, in worse shape than I left him. 

A wave of depression just hit me when I saw him like that.  It was tremendously strong. 

I will say, to his credit, he was not on the floor or bleeding.  I have found him both on the floor and bleeding one time when I came back from running an errand.  I put the milk away in the fridge and then dealt with the other things, then I laid down for a nap. 

I had a lot of caffeine today so I didn't fall asleep.  Then Ron's alarm went off at 1.  I managed to wake him up and remind him to cancel the ride to the Waffle House for later.  He did that, and, he said, made our trips for tomorrow. 

He was up after that and wanted to talk, play music, etc. so I gave up on the nap completely.  I don't think I'd have slept even if he had been quiet. 

He wanted something salty, I said we didn't have chips, and he wanted something.  So I ordered pizza, the kind he likes, a thin crust with BBQ sauce, double chicken, and onions.  I got myself something too. 

Now we're just waiting on the pizza.  The depression is a little better but not much.  I am hoping taking my evening pills with the pizza will help abate it. 

It can't hurt. 

No comments: