Monday, April 22, 2019

Monday

Occasionally the family next door, in #6 go out all day on the weekend, and get home late.  They did yesterday, and got home late (after 9) last night.  They let the dog out,which yapped happily for about 20 minutes, running around the yard, as I cursed them out and tried to get to sleep.  Eventually they rounded her up (she has some sort of - "Ina" name, so I know a female) and put her back in the house. 

After that I was able to sleep, but I had to get up at 4.  You can do the math there, 10-4 is not a full night of sleep.  I got up, got ready, helped Ron, fed the cats, etc.  Once we got all that done we went to work. 

We had to stock, get the sandwich delivery, and meet a repairman.  We managed to get all that done early, so Ron cancelled our (much later) pickup and called a cab to go home.  It was pretty funny and political. 

I always avoid politics in the cab.  But he was playing talk radio and they kept going on about those evil Russians getting in our business.  I found that funny because the driver is from Russia.  I was teasing him about it. 

We got home and I got Ron unloaded.  I felt pretty good so I decided to take a short walk.  I took off my boots (steel toes are a necessity at work with Ron) and put on some sneakers.  I took a short walk.  I could tell my foot wasn't happy but it wasn't yelling.  It is just going to take longer than I am accustomed for the recovery.  I did about 8 minutes one way, and came back.  My tracker said I was very slow but that's OK. 

I'm not limping home wanting to cry like I did a couple weeks ago.  I made it home, Ron was in bed.  I took a nap with Torbie.  She got in bed with me, purring and petting.  Great.  Then she started putting her razors in my face.  I pushed her away and said "NO".  I don't like claws in my face and she needs to learn that.  She may be old but she is teachable.  We were having a lot of fun up until that point. 

I had a pretty decent nap.  I could tell when #6 came home from her errands, yap yap yap.  But it didn't last long.  At least they appear to be keeping it in the house this time. 

I got all the "move minutes" on my fitness tracker but need some more cardio points.  I will probably do some ab work on the floor in a little bit to finish that off.  I can tell I worked out yesterday but it is not bad. 

My mood is a little rough, depressed mainly.  Things seem overwhelming, but that is just due to sleep deprivation.  When our ride came at 6 this morning we were NOT quiet so #6 got a taste of what it's like to have someone f*ck with your sleep cycle.  That is a consistent thing with them, always waking me up and refusing to let me sleep, screaming kids out in the yard 11PM at night or the husband making noise with his contractor buddies at 6 AM on my day off. 

But it will get better.  I woke up with a headache (from my nap) but had a glass of iced tea and that helped. 

Later on I will make my grocery order.  I am almost out of milk. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You often seem to get woken up by Ron or the neighbors. Have you considered sleeping with earp!ugs? I think you could benefit from them, especially considering that your work hours often leave you trying to sleep when most of your neighbors are awake. I find the silicone type are much more comfortable & effective. Wal-Mart sells them for $2.95 https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mack-s-Silicone-Earplugs-White-2-pair/25489838?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=6642&adid=22222222227017913602&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=t&wl3=71944717256&wl4=pla-119496864296&wl5=9031600&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=115782006&wl11=online&wl12=25489838&wl13=&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0Zmlj_bl4QIVCarsCh1MQQWCEAQYAiABEgJ5v_D_BwE

Heather Knits said...

I have used earplugs in the past.

At this point they are just making noise when they let the dog out to toilet, which isn't very long. No barking all night which I thank God for.

If it's bothering me, it's bothering them. I remind myself of that and one huge reason I think they got rid of the last one, constant all night barking (with a new baby, no less) made it very difficult for all of them.

Anonymous said...

You often complain about those same neighbors throwing parties though, or their kids playing in the yard. Or Ron getting drunk and making noise. keeping a pair by your bed would be such a simple & inexpensive solution

Heather Knits said...

I don't care about the kids playing. I was once a noisy child myself. I MIND them playing off the side of my house, or late at night, in my yard, or tormenting my cats (all have happened).

Ron drunk - that would be a good application. He can get pretty obnoxious. I am still catching up on my sleep. I think I have a pair on my bedside table, I will dig around for them.

Anonymous said...

You complain about your neighbors all the time, and you think you are a considerate neighbor. But, let me tell you I wouldn't like living next door to you. Cars and vans coming and going at all hours, in and out all the time. What about when you go to work early in the morning on weekends on their days off? You actually think you're so quiet that the neighbors don't hear you? Please, of course they do, and I'm sure it's plenty annoying. Don't you think your neighbors hear Ron yelling when he's drunk? Swearing and name calling, especially for kids to hear! When my neighbors argue I hear them, even though we are both inside.

You say you're sleep deprived after six hours of sleep and naps during the day. Ask parents what real sleep deprivation is. Ugg you complain too much!

Heather Knits said...

One, for years we would literally shout at the drivers to turn their radios down when they picked us up early in the morning. We didn't want to disturb the neighbors and their (perpetual) new baby.

Our reward? Them taking 5 trips a night, every night to fling filthy used diapers in the trash can they kept next to my bedroom. They finally got a diaper genie on the last baby so that finally stopped in about 2014. As the kids got older constant screaming, yelling, crying, etc. right outside my bedroom at all hours, especially late at night. Perpetual "remodels" and construction at all hours as well, including hours when any normal person would be asleep.

I am in a stand alone house. I have gone outside more than once when Ron was drunk and yelling, I could not hear him 2 feet from our door.

I notice you did not cover their ANIMAL ABUSE AND TORTURE of my cats. I guess that is OK in your book.

If you would rather have them than me as a neighbor you are WELCOME to them. Just don't go crying to me when they go after your dog, or whatever pet you have.