Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Update the update

Time to update the update.  So Ron's on the floor of the kitchen, fallen for the second time.  He was pretty incoherent so he wouldn't have been able to help me get him in the wheelchair. 

I said f*ck it and got into my workout clothes, then I went for a walk, put up the trash can, and did my weights in the garage.  It was a good, sweaty, workout.  Ron made some noise through the door to the garage at one point, he heard me and thought I was a burglar. 

I did all my squats, deadlifts, etc.  I logged off my fitness tracker and came in the house.  Ron had apparently been trying to get back in the wheelchair for a while and was ready for help.  It took a couple minutes, but I squatted down behind him (like I did before), helped boost him up, and shoved him in the wheelchair.  Then I fastened the seatbelt and took him back to bed.  VERY ugly getting into bed but he's there now. 

That's one reason I've been working out, so I can do that.  Then I sat down for a minute with a protein shake.  Biscuit came along and got in my lap, I loved on him for a while, gave him 2 of his special treats, and then gave him some of his food when he asked.  Baby Girl wasn't interested in food.

Torbie is asleep in my bed, she sleeps a lot these days unless someone brings home a lizard.  That's fine, she's an old lady, and very cuddly. 

If I lose one of my 3 I would not rush out to replace them, because I would want an older cat and it is harder for them to get-along than if I brought in a kitten or two.  But I could see a point where I went to the shelter and got an older black cat.  Old cats, and black cats, have terrible adoption rates. 

I posted my updates (keeping this latest off of Facebook) and about to take my shower.  I will have a good one, have to wash my hair since I worked out, but that's not too difficult. 

Ron is quiet for now.  When I told him I cancelled the chicken place he agreed I did the right thing, and I think managed to call and get the penalty taken off.  That's between him and them. 

It was raining a little during my walk.  I found out #10, is the weird guy who kept coming on my property and bothering my drivers.  I won't walk on his side of the street.  I also heard a large dog barking, not sure if it is confined but a renter like him has no assets and a dog bite would be very bad for me.  And Ron, for that matter. 

It is supposed to rain later so we'll see.  I have plenty of food in the fridge so not worried about that.  I just hope the rest of the day is boring. 

No comments: