Tuesday, April 2, 2019

The rest of Tuesday

I went out in the garage and did "arms", then took a shower.  I probably should have done "shoulders" too but I didn't think of it.  I had a pretty challenging workout so I am happy.  I took a shower, got dressed, helped Ron. 

We were going to the fried chicken place.  In Houston, pretty much every fried chicken place has a 2 piece dark special for about a dollar.  Of course, it's gone up to $1.29 at most places, but you get the idea.  Ron really liked his 3 piece special the other day so I was onboard at getting him more chicken. 

It is so hard to get him to eat.

The ride was late, it was the guy who plays games.  I had to "order" him to take the proper exit, he would have put us a good 10 minutes out of the way if I'd let him persist in his belief it was the next exit.  He didn't listen, I had to get a little short.  I didn't enjoy that. 

Then of course we take the proper exit and I am proven right.  He acted SO surprised.  He also admitted he had been on the phone in the car, and didn't want to hang up, which is why he was late.  For once, paratransit saw what was done and adjusted it on their own. 

So we got there and had about 35 minutes.  As I pushed the wheelchair up to the door, a girl eating jumped up and opened the door for us.  I looked her in the face and said thank you.  I noted she was homeless, and a meth addict, but she was kinder than many I have met lately.  She had plenty of food otherwise I might have bought her something. 

Ron and I discussed what he wanted, and I suggested he get the 10 piece for $10 special.  I reminded him he would eat it all, he liked it, and it was a good deal.  It was all dark, but Ron prefers dark.  He accidentally got a breast in his food last time and he hated all the bones. 

They didn't have enough chicken to fill the box, so they put down a fresh batch.  Excellent.  I won't mind waiting on getting fresh chicken.  We sat in the corner and waited.  They brought the food, biscuits, etc.  Ron had enough time to polish off a 2 piece before the ride came. 

It was a different driver.  I got Ron out there and loaded.  The other client in the cab saw the bathroom and went to use it.  I loaded Ron in the meantime, then sat behind the driver in the back. 

We had a drop on the way home but it was on the way.  Then we went home.  I took the garbage/recycling out, glad that is done with.  I brought Ron inside, put the chicken in the fridge, and tried to take a nap. 

But #6 had some illegals over to do work on the house, they brought a radio, and turned it up very loud right outside my bedroom wall.  I couldn't complain to the police (had I complained to them they would have told me to f-ck off), because it was daytime but I don't disturb them in their house.  Ever.  Things like this make me NOT want to be quiet when we leave the house very early on Saturday. 

I laid there for an hour.  Torbie got up with me and I petted her for a while, then she went in her cave.  I laid there listening to the stupid music.  And then one of the guys started signing along.  He's no singer. 

I said screw it and got up.  As soon as I was upright they turned it off.  Frustrating.  Ron didn't seem to be affected, though. 

I already worked out so that's done. 

Oh, Ron gave me the money for my blood test.  Good.  I can save that money for something else.  He had also given me money for cab fare. 

Now I just have to get up early tomorrow and go to the lab.  I have not taken my pills yet, I won't until around 9.  Ideally the dose is taken 12 hours before the blood test. 

I didn't do anything special regarding my diet because I am curious what a standard diet looks like on the labs.  If the numbers aren't great I will eat better for a few months and take another test.  But I think the blood work will be fine. 

My only real question is the A1C.   If that is over 6 I plan to see a doctor. 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you know she was a homeless meth addict? Did she tell you?

Heather Knits said...

Dirty, sores all over her face, bad teeth, unkempt. The homeless love the 2 pc chicken for $1.29 special and they were coming in droves, to that location.

That lady had some kindness and helped us. Ron can't really propel himself, he needs to be pushed. So when I'm pushing I "got no hands" for the door.

Always nice to have help. None of the laborers/etc held the door for us, it was her.

I don't judge - I know how easy it would be for me to end up in a very bad situation. I never forget Fetal Alcohol has an eighty percent addiction rate. 80%. That is horrific, and very dangerous. I am extremely careful about what I put in my body as a result. But a bad week and I could be hooked, too. Ron would have to throw me out, I'd be out on the street and addicted just like her.

Life can be scary sometimes.

Anonymous said...

My daughter has struggled with meth for years. I've never once seen her dirty or full of sores. She gets very thin and mean.

Heather Knits said...

That's got to be rough, that stuff is super addictive. I have family who are addicted but I stay pretty far from them (I can).

What I have seen, images online, all seem to show the "dirty", unkempt, person. Sores on their face, body and bad teeth. That's what I saw yesterday.

I don't care what she was because she was the only kind person I have met at a door in a while. You will remember the post from a couple days ago where I had to demand that woman hold the door for us, at the bank.

Anonymous said...

By this definition, minus the sores, Ron is a homeless meth addict , lmao

Heather Knits said...

Sometimes he looks like one! It can be a battle to get him to brush his hair. I will say he is good about deodorant.

I know I am judged on that.

Anonymous said...

Thin and mean like my daughter?
You are disgusting

Heather Knits said...

I was thinking Ron fits more the "general" perception I shared, dirty, disheveled, messy hair, bad teeth, unkempt, etc. He doesn't have any sores but that's about it.

He is average weighted, and can be mean, as I've shared.

No offense intended to you or your daughter.

Anonymous said...

No OMG I meant heathers definition not yours.

Anonymous said...

Heather I thought one of your blog readers aka haters posted that

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm kinda raw from all the suffering she's put me through

Heather Knits said...

I totally get it! Drunk mother, drunk husband, SICK OF DRUNKS. I get it completely. (((Hugs)))

Anonymous said...

No worries, prayers for you and your daughter

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I absolutely love this site. Thanks!