Thursday, April 11, 2019

Normally Thursday is a good day for me

I slept OK but just didn't wake up rested.  As I was getting ready, I had some difficulty with constipation (don't worry, I will not be graphic).  As I was struggling to deal with that Ron went off on his tirade about the toilet was smelling up the house.  He is the one who keeps urinals by his bed for days and then dumps them in the toilet, he flushes but the "motivator" doesn't work very well and it still reeks.  Half the time I use a bucket full of water to flush the toilet, it's that bad.  The bucket of water does work. 

I ended up taking some magnesium citrate before we left for work.  I really hoped I would not regret it. 

So we went to work, he did one of his "switch ups" - totally verbally abusive for a while and then "nice" and trying to be loving.  I wasn't having it.  I wasn't rude to him but I didn't play.  He wanted me to implicitly say it was OK to treat me like that, see, I treated her bad, made threats to torture her, and she was cute and cuddly later.  Nope.  I was polite and professional but that was it. 

I detest.  No DETEST people who bring personal dramas to work.  Probably the most embarrassing moment of my professional life was when Ron called my job, we had been fighting (I wanted him to commit, he did not) and said, to the person who answered that "I am a single man and I'm going to live that way tonight".  Totally awkward.  And, sure enough, he did cheat on me that night. 

So I helped him when he asked but I didn't go "over and above".  At one point he kept bothering me (stuff he could do himself) and I answered him with a fatigued tone of voice.  He said "Oh, I know this job is so hard for you" trying to be "sympathetic". 

"It's not the job I find exhausting" I replied, and left it at that. 

My feet were bothering me too so I tried not to walk any more than I had to.  He freaked out, twice, today, saying we HAD to do sales tax THIS MINUTE.  It is not due for a week and a half.  I will be happy to help him do it Saturday but I'm not going to share his panic and OH IT'S ALL OVER BECAUSE WE DIDN'T DO IT TODAY! 

I really detest drama and those who create it.  I was able to use the bathroom at work, thank God.  We eventually finished up. 

Ron had it in his head paratransit was going to keep him waiting an additional hour past his pickup, because they did that sometime this last week.  He was absolutely convinced.  Calling and saying "How late is he?" stuff like that I would never say because it sets you up to be a victim. 

Something that is important to Ron, "being a victim".  Everyone/everything is "attacking" him and it requires a nuclear response.  No one ever makes a mistake, there are no mistakes.  They are all deliberate, personal, attacks on Ron.  If I had truly understood this about him there wouldn't have been a second date. 

They said the driver was "on a break" and would get there eventually. 

I had taken some money out of the machine for Ron, and I asked him what he wanted to do regarding a trip to Walmart tomorrow.  We had to pay the electric bill (that's one I'd freak out about not paying), get my medication, and I needed a supportive pair or sneakers.  I would need at least 45 minutes.  He said no, he wouldn't do it, and gave me gas money for Chuck. 

I left a message on Chuck's voicemail and he sent me a text confirming for tomorrow. 

The driver arrived she was "So tired, and all I want to do is nap".  She just had a break, what did she do, binge on sugar?  Never heard of a cup of coffee or a caffeine soda?  She went on about the oh, so tired and abused thing for a while.  I found it annoying.  You're being paid to drive.  Drive.  If you can't drive the schedule quit and become a school bus driver.  Hundreds of drivers are able to do this.  If you can't, don't, but don't try and make us your therapist for "Oh, how abused I am".  I had ENOUGH drama for one day, thanks. 

But she got use home OK.  I used the bathroom again, and flushed with the bucket.  Ron ate leftovers out of the fridge, ones I specifically told him not to eat. 

Here is what he does.  He gets home, starts drinking heavily.  When he's "had enough" he gets into the fridge.  Oh, look, here's week old mashed potatoes and gravy.  Heather said no, but I'm drunk and invincible.  And he ate them.  Not sure what else he ate but he may get sick.  And he already has trouble getting to the toilet when he is healthy and sober.  You can see why I might object to him eating old leftovers. 

If it's just him that's affected, and it's our day off, go ahead.  But I have to help with a lot and it isn't fair to ask me to do that. 

I felt daring and decided to try something.  I ate a cup of yogurt and drank a big glass of milk, and took my pills.  They settled very well so that is a great thing to know. 

I took a nap with Torbie and Biscuit.  We had a good time.  I just changed the sheets the other day so they were nice and fresh.  I don't like fragrance on my sheets, but I like them clean.  I slept a couple of hours. 

Ron is awake for some reason.  He has a friend who is also an alcoholic, and the man suggested Ron start drinking flavored vodka.  I thought it was an absolute terrible idea on a couple of fronts.  One, if the alcohol tastes bad Ron will not drink as much.  Two, that stuff can be expensive.  Right now he is paying $11 for a half gallon. 

Anyway, he called Spec's and they said he could get a bottle of flavored vodka, all different flavors, for $12.  Ron was pretty excited.  I am not. 

I can't help but remember when he was drinking the flavored whiskey (apple flavor) and ended up with rectal bleeding. 

No comments: