Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Slow bleeder

When I go to bed I usually close Youtube, and leave a window or two open in my browser.  I went to bed, and woke in the middle of the night to the sound of Def Lepperd.  "Pour Some Sugar on Me". 

I knew it had to be "us" because none of my neighbors would listen to that.  I went in the computer room and found Baby Girl in my computer chair, looking at the computer screen, as the music played on You Tube.  I don't know how she turned it on but she did, somehow, walking on the keyboard. 

I turned it off and went back to bed, and was awakened around 5:30 with a crippling headache.  It was the worst I've had in a while.  I wasn't vomiting but I sure wasn't hungry.  I didn't want to take anything right before my blood test.  I tried to go back to sleep, that worked for a little while. 

Then I woke up in even more pain.  Side note: weather front moving in today and severe thunderstorms forecast.  I finally surrendered and took some Excedrin.  It helped some. 

I took a shower, got online for a while, called Arturo for a ride.  He got me there a little after they opened. 

I got the blood test.  Since I was getting a comprehensive test they had to take 4 vials of blood.  It took a while, I was a slow bleeder today.  I told my phlebotomist I would have tipped her at least $5, if she had a tip jar.  It was a pretty good stick overall. 

Then I walked over to the Kolache Factory.  Fasting blood tests make me hungry.  I mean, half the time, if I didn't have to take my pills, I probably wouldn't eat until noon anyway.  They had cream cheese.  I ate a couple of them, talked to Ron, talked to my aunt, called Arturo again.  He came back and got me, took me home. 

Ron hadn't really started drinking so he was very enjoyable this morning.  But he had gotten a little surly with vodka by the time I got home.  That was sad.  He drank for a while, ate some fried chicken, and went to bed.  I helped get him to bed. 

I took my pills first thing when I got home.  My mood is pretty good but I have the headache lurking, and I have had a couple of bottles of cold diet soda in an attempt to beat it back. 

And we never got our sales tax form so I need to figure out e-file vs printing up the form online.  I may need a new printer for that. 

The garbage hasn't come yet, which is very unusual.  Normally they are done with my street by 8 AM.  I hope they do come back.  That would be a mess if they don't. 

We'll see.  A few things on my mind today, sales tax, trash... and waiting on my test results.  I wrote down Doc's number so they can fax it to him.  He will be most interested in the lithium level, but the metabolic panel is also important.  The rest just gives an overall image of my health. 

I haven't had that done in a while. 

No comments: