Tuesday, April 16, 2019

The rest of Tuesday

I had a good workout today.  I got on the bike and did slightly different intervals - very long periods of exercise, 2 minutes easy, back to work.  I was about 70% of my max, which is great. 

I cranked that out, 25 minutes.  I want to work up to 45.  Right now just getting in the habit. 

Then I went in the garage and did various weight exercises, dumbbell squats, overhead presses, etc.  I noticed I could stand to increase the weight on several of the movements.  So I will work on that. 

I did it for about 50 minutes total.  Came in the house, had a glass of water, took my shower. 

I got ready to go, had a protein shake, took my pills.  I helped Ron get ready but I did not notice his pants were dirty - food stains.  I only found that out after we were away from the house.  Oops. 

We had a straight trip to the store.  The store was open but very quiet.  I left Ron out of the way and then headed off to the weight area.  I found the kettlebells first.  They had two kinds, plain black, and vinyl coated colored.  The colored ones were $10 more, at least for the size I wanted (15#).  I put a black one in the cart and cruised around.  I found the weight plates and put what I wanted in the cart.  I neglected to notice they weren't the size I had planned on getting - but I have 3 barbells in that size so I will definitely use them. 

I looked around some more (so far had only taken 5 minutes).  I looked at heavy bags.  They were very nice and I could see one in the garage, and me beating the hell out of it a few times a week.  It's a thought.  It's that or a treadmill, BUT a bag does not have a lot of moving parts, wouldn't care if the base got flooded (possible), upper body workout so leg/foot problems wouldn't matter.  I used to have a bag of yarn I put up and beat up sometimes.  I found it a good workout.  It would also be about half the cost of a decent treadmill. 

But I do love to run on a treadmill.  So I'll think about it - I have time, I don't have the space yet. 

I found some ab balls.  That's one thing I'm not working, my abs.  Not directly.  It was purple.  I liked that.  But would it hold me?  Rated to 350#.  OK.  I put it in the cart. 

I heard something about the store having larger size sports bras.  The ones I found did not cover my size.  I will have to go with the Walmart bras. 

So far I had the kettlebell, weight plates, and the ab ball.  I called that done and went to the checkout.  I got some Diet Dr Peppers and some jerky for Ron.  I paid and told him I was ready to go.  He was very surprised I hadn't taken forever. 

It took longer for Arturo than it did for the shopping.  We went straight home.  I cleaned the garage for a while, getting rid of one and a half huge boxes of items.  I dumped it all in the can, scoured the house, took out house trash, and took it all to the street.  That's done. 

Then I took a nap.  I didn't sleep very well, the kids next door made a lot of racket.  I just don't get the wholehearted, blood curdling scream thing.  Maybe that is the only way they get noticed in such a large family.  I don't know, but I'll be glad when school break is over and I can actually get some
rest. 

I got up and did some more cleaning while I had the energy.  I found 2 things I figured Ron would want, a computer power cord, and a Jeff Foxworthy comedy CD.  He listened to it back in 2002.  He has forgotten most of 2002 so that will be fresh for him.  He was delighted when I gave it to him. 

Then I rounded up all the dirty clothes and put them in the wash on soak, including Ron's dirty pants.  He is just in a t shirt and underwear right now.  The soak just finished (it gives it an hour) so I started a wash cycle.  That will finish around 7 and I can put it in the dryer to finish tomorrow. 

We are going to order some pizza later.  I am thinking cheesy bread. 

It's supposed to rain tomorrow night so we will see.  I have to get up very early Thursday, for our delivery. 

Ron didn't call in any trips for tomorrow.  The state library sent him 12 books by his new favorite author (Jayne Ann Krentz) so he will be busy for quite a while. 

Off I go to watch some TV for a while. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazon has a huge selection of prices and varieties of sports bras

Heather Knits said...

I'm going to look into that. Right now not urgent because I am not doing anything in public, so I can work out at home without a bra if I want (I am bigger, but not huge). That will give me time to find something workout worthy.

I would rather have a big bosom and well controlled psychotic symptoms than the other way. I am not flexible enough to get the no-opening ones on - it is comical and sad.

But maybe I can find a cute back-close thing.