Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Tuesday, a trip to the doctor, and a lot of whining about my foot

My foot was pretty bad last night.  I thought about it for a while and decided it rated as a "6" on a one to 10 scale, somewhere around a migraine but without the vomiting.  Not fun.  I won't whine but I will remind you to make sure you have good quality shoes for your activities.  The wrong shoes can be murder. 

I got up pretty early.  Whined and moaned to myself as I limped around the house.  Ron was asleep, good thing or I would have had a lot to say, all complaining. 

I decided to do weights.  I could do most of my activities like leg extensions without standing.  So I did an assortment of isolation exercises for all the major groups, legs, back, chest, arms, and shoulders.  It took about a half hour.  I didn't do anything crazy or too heavy but I was working.  I would call it a good quality workout. 

I came in the house and took a shower.  I used my nice rose shampoo.  Ron came in the bathroom and talked to me while I was showering, I like that a lot.  I got everything washed, got out, dried off.  I had planned to wear flip flops but I hear they are murder for this (plantar fascitis).  I got the workboots instead.  I wore the camo work boots with the camo shorts and a black t-shirt.  I probably looked like I was going hunting. 

My aunt came on time.  Ron was eager to have the house to himself.  We went to see doc.  Every time we go there is some major traffic screw up.  Every time.  It is horrible over there.  So glad I live here.  We got there with time to spare. 

I saw doc and his medical student.  He likes to show me off to the medical student, here is a very stable... I am fine with that.  He won't live forever and we had better have some trained psychiatrists when that happens. 

Good meeting, then we left and went to lunch.  Foot killing me all day even with the naproxen I tried this morning.  I will try Advil later. 

We had a good lunch.  Then she took me home.  I showed her some of what I had done with the garage and she liked it.  I think she wants me to get some racks. 

She left after admiring my jasmine (it is lovely, and a very nice tribute to fallen cats if I do say).  I went in the house and took a short nap.  Ron woke up, freaking out we were working tomorrow.  I said we have tomorrow off but we need to do the report.  So we did that, that took a little while but wasn't bad. 

I got dressed and put my boots on again, and did some cleaning around the house, picking up obvious trash, emptying Ron's can and the one by my chair, etc.  Threw all that in the garbage.  I opened up the garage and took out the big can, then picked up some stuff in the garage and got rid of that too.  Not much fun walking up the driveway, that made my foot very unhappy, but trash only comes once a week and I want to be in the process of constantly slimming down on junk. 

I did find a bag of stuff I want to keep, a fleece blanket and an afghan I knitted years ago.  That stays for now.  Ron did give me a bulky item from his room to toss, and I helped him find a missing flash drive.  He was really happy about that. 

Once I got all my trash work done I saw my monthly planner on the porch from Amazon.  I plan to log my workouts "monthly" so I can see patterns in my workouts and where I can improve.  Right now I am writing each day's workout in a notebook, which is good, but I want to have "Tuesday, legs, Friday, powerlift" etc. 

I came in and did some work on the computer, updated my budget (pills are coming due in a couple of days).  I don't need to do laundry so I can pretty much relax until around 7, when the mail arrives. 

I decided I will have a protein shake and a pint of ice cream for dinner.  That's plenty of protein (I had a shake for breakfast, plus a good lunch) for the day. 

My foot isn't too bad in the boot but I may just put the boot on as soon as I get out of the shower tomorrow. 

Ron asked if "I would mind" going to the chicken place tomorrow and I said I'd be happy to go.  He was thrilled.  I am just happy he is getting his protein. 

Hopefully the trash will come early so I can clear out the can before our pickup. 

No comments: