Sunday, April 7, 2019

"I bleed too much"

I got an early start on my day off. 

Chuck took me to Walmart, but wanted to do it early, which meant I had to get up pretty early for a day off, around 7. 

I got up and did a short warmup on the bike, then a brief powerlifting workout.  Let me tell you, I worked those muscles.  It may not have been very long but I got it. 

Then I took a shower.  It's been getting warmer, up in the 80's.  Time to put the jeans away which sadly meant I had to shave my legs.  That took forever and I still missed a few spots.  I did the whole shower in there as well. 

I did use hair conditioner, as my hair has been really thick, dry, and frizzy lately.  Then I got dressed in elastic waist shorts, flip flops, and t=shirt. 

I planned to shop for more clothes, I really only had one "decent" pair of shorts (modest, not too short or long, comfortable to wear).  I reset my goal for my fitness tracker.  Ideally .gov says do 25 minutes cardio a day, if not more.  So I set my goals to reflect that. 

Then I watched TV for a while.  Chuck arrived and I left.  We went to Walmart. 

First off I did the hard part, clothes.  I found 2 pair of cute shorts, just the right length (not slutty! or too long!), a package of 3 t-shirts, and two single t-shirts in purple.  I do love my purple.  These were all men's t-shirts which are much more modest.  I am very active when working and I don't want to make it a peep show.  I have already had problems with two guys being inappropriate and here I am practically dressed like a nun. 

I'm just that hot :p.  Right! 

Got all that for less than $50, very happy, set for the summer now. 

Chuck showed me a pair of white shorts, and I said the first thing that came into my head "I bleed too much".  He put them back!  :) 

I got the new lancets I like.  For some reason they are not online yet.  Same with the Diet Dew.  I bought a few snack foods (not many) and then off to the fitness area. 

I really wanted a kettlebell.  I like the idea of working my core without doing a million crunches.  I am more focused on overall strength as opposed to one-rep max. 

I didn't see what I wanted at first, but I did get the stretchy bands so Ron can do his physical therapy without using my bands.  Chuck pointed out some kettlebells, a slightly different shape.  And in purple.  I was so excited I got the 5 and 10 pounds. 

All done.  Wait!  Ice cream!  I got 2 pints.  NOW I'm done. 

We had a nice cashier and then Chuck took me home.  I gave him gas money, of course. 

I put everything away, pulled up Exercise RX (website) and did some kettlebell.  Ron was drunk and kept interrupting me, but happily he stayed in his room while I was swinging the weight around!  That could have been ugly. 

I got all my cardio points for the day, I only have 2 active points (walking around) to go.  Good to know I am appropriately active. 

Later on Ron made a trip to go to the chicken place.  We will leave in less than an hour.  I don't mind taking him because he is at least getting protein. 

He made the trips for tomorrow, work in the morning and I get my grocery delivery in the late afternoon.  Tuesday I see Doc, that will take most of the day (travel, lunch, etc).  Which is nice as I can use some time out of the house. 

Biscuit, of course, will not be pleased.  He is accustomed to eating every hour or so. 

We had a weather front come through.  When I'm convinced it is gone I will wash my clothes, but I still hear thunder.  Hopefully I can get that done tonight so I can wear my shorts tomorrow.  By shorts I mean something knee length. 

I downloaded a kindle book on kettlebell workouts so I have a template for working out.  Plan is one day powerlifting, one day kettebell, one day isolation exercises with the various weights.  I think weights 3x a week is plenty especially as I work many of the muscle groups at work. 

That's it for now.  I will keep you posted on the trip to the chicken place.  Since it rained I venture a lot of paratransit clients cancelled their rides today. 

No comments: