Friday, March 1, 2024

I made it to Friday

 Tonight I work until 10 so a post is unlikely tonight.  

I don't have an update on the abused cats.  My cats are OK I think they mainly hang out in the house/yard being older and fixed.  #6 seems to have a puppy - every several years he gets a dog for about 5-6 months and then gets rid of it.  It is sad for the dog.  

Do I just live among buttheads or what?  

Uneventful ride to work, new drivers which was good.  I had leftover candy which I gave (very happily received) to the bank when I passed by later.  Work started out with a "nice" boss then moved to "Her" at 2, but I was on the zone at 2 (another department) and then had my lunch at 3 as approved by the nice one.  So I only had her for 3 hours.  In that time I did everything she asked.  

I did find out one of my coworkers is a backstabber - she dumped work on my cart and then said "I don't care" when I said I would get in trouble if she did that.  I need to reread Dale Carnagie before I talk to her again.  Put it in her own best interest somehow.  But I took photos of my work and my cart before I left thank you very much for reminding me.  I am sure she dumped it all in my area when I left.  

I did some shopping after work, I got some protein powder - I like to put that in milk for breakfast, some nuts and seeds to make my version of trail mix, etc.  I also got another 2 pound block of extra sharp cheddar.  

Ace got me an hour later.  I work until 10 PM tonight so that's going to be another long day but then I am off for 2 days.  I am hoping to do a Bible Handout if God lets me.  

I wore my new Mukluk compression socks (the cotton blend ones) and they were very comfy I was impressed.  I was on my feet for a very long time - a total of 12 hours.  

I need to take a shower and do my God Time.  

I was thinking in the shower about boundaries and loving my neighbor.  T, the coworker I mentioned, is lazy.  She will do the minimum and get an attitude when asked to actually work, but that seems standard with a lot of the young ones.  

The Bible says I have to love my neighbor and help them out.  But I don't believe He wants me to enable someone to shirk their duties, either.  The boss actually asked me to do some of T's work and I did it, quickly and well, but I did not do any more even though it looked like a mess.  She has to stand or fall on her own; the lady who normally helps her is out of town so this is the chance to show what you can do.  Or not.  

I have to seek God's will on that because I want to gossip - bad bad bad.  I don't want to do a thing to help her out.  That is also bad.  But she needs to stand on her own feet and I don't feel it is God's will for me to enable her to slack off.  The boss needs to see she is not a good worker and take appropriate action.  

There was another one like that who was unfortunately friends with her and T learned some very bad habits.  But my friend says she was a good worker when she first came so maybe she can be redeemed as an employee.  

Speaking of redeemed I did up my candy for the day.  I have about 10 bags.  My boss likes the green fruit chews, and the purple ones, so I made her her own bag.  I will either give it to her or put it where she will find it.  I don't need to put it in her hand.  

I actually feel bad for her.  Her job is very difficult.  

Onto a totally different subject I could not find the cheapo store brand vanilla whey so I got some cafe au lait last night.  It is very good I will enjoy these shakes.  The shake mix has a little caffeine in it which may or may not be a good thing.  I am way over the limit on caffeine every day.  

I also got the cats canned food (they like the store brand mixed grill in fact that is what I used to trap Cleo so I could spay her), some Temptations catnip treats (they all like that), and some Iams Urinary which they all eat.  I figure nearly every male cat I've had gets FLUTD I might as well feed Spotty (5 yo male) the food now before he has a chance to get sick.  And on my budget I would have to put him down.  They all seem very healthy though.  

And Cleo seems fine on the special food, she is so big I know neighbors are feeding her, too.  She has a very sweet and ingratiating meow I enjoy, when she's begging, and if she asks me for something she's getting it!  

They (Cleo, Biscuit) like a little splash of milk in their milk bowl when I am making a whey shake or a bowl of cereal.  I do give them that and they don't get sick.  

Spotty is just a dry (food) man and a few treats a day, he's good.  He doesn't even eat wet food.  

Biscuit sleeps on me every night it is very cute but a little hard to move around, get up for the bathroom, etc. I don't mind.  One day he'll be gone and the memories are all I'll have.  

Based on what I saw with the neighbor the other day (it is not #2, #6, or the guy across the street) he will probably be replaced by another abused cat in short order.  I might also look into the Seniors for Seniors program after I turn 50 - the shelter matches senior pets with older adults who can't afford one, and provides free vet care and sometimes food.  I love older cats.  

The sky is overcast and it is forecast to get up to the 70's today.  It is just at the line where I don't bring chocolate but I had a few leftover bags with it in my tote bag so we'll see  

That's it for now, more when I get to work.  

No comments: