Saturday, March 16, 2024

More Candy Lady business

 So this one's about evangelism.  

A sponsor sent me some very nice tracts - actually 2 different ones sent me tracts.  I can go through a dozen tracts a day so that's always appreciated.  

Side note: I also need to do some more "praying for you daily" cards.  

Anyway I went out today with my usual sack full of goodies, two New Testaments in bags of candy, various Gospel Bags (tract + candy).  

I don't like to profile.  I don't know if you would call it profiling but everyone assumed Ron was my father the first 5 or so years we were together.  It got very very old.  

Ron was never subject to profiling because he was a chameleon, his complexion was such people assumed he was either a light skinned black or a white guy with a really good tan.  Ron elected to call himself white on his ID card, when he applied.  

Anyway my first driver was a medium skinned guy with a shaved head.  I offered him the candy, he objected.  I realized, by his accent, he was middle eastern, likely muslim, and of course fasting as it is Ramadan.  Oops.  I would still offer though.  

I was standing at my second bus stop holding the bag of candy when a public servant of some sort drove up (not saying what), I gave him the candy, he was thrilled to get it.  He drove off.  

My second driver came, he was a very friendly guy, thrilled to get the candy, dropped me at the grocery store.  I got him again going home as he just had to turn around and come back at the end of the line.  

While in the store I met a cashier who said I was an urban legend in the store (I can't help but remember the movie about the alligator in the sewers, the punch line being everyone said "That's an urban legend").  So I'm an alligator now.  She got a kick out of actually meeting me and seemed very open to the gospel.  

I will be praying for all of them of course, but that was a good day.  

No comments: