Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Made it to work

 I was already battling a headache on the third bus when some tattooed turkey lit up his cigarette and started smoking.  Ugh.

Some of the bus drivers made a point of thanking me which made me feel better about getting up so early.

One random lady at the transit center got a bag of candy and kept talking about how she "helps" the homeless.

(It has been my experience all the homeless here are addicts of some sort and most mentally ill as well - noncompliant and refusing the treatment that would help them become productive citizens.). 

She kept going on about how "the universe" was going to pay her back and I thought, good luck with that.  She did not know she had the tract "7 things that don't get you into Heaven".  I wonder if she will receive it or throw it away 

I know one paratransit customer was utterly convinced she HAD to give every homeless person money or her granddaughter would encounter a serial killer.  She got quite upset when the driver wouldn't put down her window.

At any rate I am here now.  I work until 9.  I need to text Ace and see if he can get me today.  That's it for now.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know a tenured professor who had surgery on her pinky finger over a year ago. She got a disability slip from her Dr. so she could ride the paratransit bus for the disabled.
Heard today, she's still riding the bus. Her car broke down a few years ago and she's been playing the system but she looks down on people who shop at Walmart bcuzn Walmart doesn't have a union and doesn't pay their people enough.

Heather Knits said...

MY experience with the Postal Unions, and I can talk about them now, they were extremely corrupt and only helped their "favorites" there was a lot of game playing and favoritism, sucking up to management.

The only good thing the union ever did for me was keep that man away from us (the one who ran over Ron, and was stalking us). I asked them to make him leave us alone as I found it very upsetting. They did.

But union election time you could not believe the slanderous attacks and mud slinging. No thanks, I don't need that at work. Walmart has given me $3.28 an hour in raises since I got hired 3 years ago.