Saturday, March 9, 2024

Spotty!

 I didn't do much today just slept a lot and battled a bad allergy/sinus headache.  I had some cold and flu tablets (I cannot take pseudoephedrine or "old" Sudafed as it would interact with my Wellbutrin and cause a fatal seizure) I could take so I took them.  That helped a lot cut about 75% of the discomfort, and happily I still have several doses left.  I just hate the child safe packaging they should have the option to just buy that stuff loose in a bottle like aspirin (I would be OK with a child safe cap).  

Anyway I had a good nap with the boy cats.  For some reason Spotty is "in" sleeping with me and Cleo is "out".  They must have had a power struggle one day when I was at work.  It is nice sleeping with Spotty.  


He's a good boy.  

I am figuring out kitchen management.  I am keeping the sink and counter clear except when I'm doing dishes or cooking, then clear it off, wash it immediately, put it away.  It seems obvious but I need a leg up on things like this sometimes.  

I am tired, I'm going to bed early.  Allergies take a lot out of me during tree pollen season.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wash dishes every day, use paper plates a lot!
Do you let your dishes air dry or dry them with a cloth and put them away. I think for the stay at home housewife, if she has nothing better to do, that's OK but I work 2 jobs.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to Walmart today. I'm getting quite tired of our large grocery chain overcharging on everything just because they have a union and pay their employees a higher wage.
Our walmart has undergone a huge renovation and even seem to have upped their game on produce.
Maybe the inspiration was that Bible display in the center aisle.

Heather Knits said...

Well I don't think I'm letting out trade secrets to say that Walmart is constantly viewing customer feedback, take the survey on your receipt and tell them the truth! I did that for years before I got hired. They also seek feedback from employees like "Do you have enough equipment to do your job?" and I always give them a fail on that.

Regarding dishes the right side sink (I have 2) has a very slow drain due to a bad garbage disposal so I put clean dishes in there to dry. I cleaned out the canned food cabinet boy that took a minute! Threw out bad dates and rearranged what I had left.