Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Almost run over again

 I walk up to my subdivision bus stop, ride one block in the direction of traffic, get off, cross both ways at what I generally consider to be a fairly slow intersection.

I had the light, street lights beaming down on me, wearing my white jacket, the little green man on the sign for the crosswalk.  And some turkey turning left STILL almost ran me over, he got within about 6 feet.  

I stopped, turned at him, yelled "WHAT THE EFF?!??" and finished crossing.  Except I used the Bad Word.  When I got across I repented 

I really don't want to die like that.  My only real worry, I realized, would be the cats.  Biscuit is terrified of Sara but Cleo and Spotty do like her so she could take them.  But what happens to a 10 year old male cat with bladder stones and a dirty butt?  (He doesn't always clean it).  Nothing good, I fear.

But the God who made them can find them a good home.  If He takes me any time soon that is.

All that said Ron said it was "great" to be hit by a truck "A circuit breaker flips and you don't feel a thing, you just pop out of your body.". He would know, we met the paramedic later and he said Ron was dead at least 10 minutes.

That's it for now!

There are some manufacturers nearby I'm guessing a guy got off a night shift

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's that bad, you might get a flashing strobe light for your backpack like the bike riders do.
I can see those for miles.

Anonymous said...

https://www.amazon.com/acr-C-Strobe-Jacket-Emergency-Batteries/dp/B01E7MVEUQ/ref=asc_df_B01E7MVEUQ&mcid=d8e5194b3227325596ad976cfba7e1d3?tag=bngsmtphsnus-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80814222269934&hvnetw=s&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=m&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584413749656853&psc=1

Anonymous said...

"But the God who made them can find them a good home." Yeah tell that to all the stray cats who die in the street. I thought you made arrangements with your aunt about the cats and that she would make sure to get them homes or into a rescue or no kill shelter at least. You can't trust that someone is going to stop when you are crossing the street. Better to pay attention and stay focused.

Heather Knits said...

I think the problem they are texting and just not looking around. Ron was wearing a safety light when he was run over. Not a guarantee.

The sad thing at 5 am this light is pretty slow.

I will look into it, though

Heather Knits said...

My aunt said she would rehome them.

I had no way of knowing this turkey was going to run the light.

Anonymous said...

Assume a person is going to run a red light. It's just the reality of how some people are.