Monday, March 4, 2024

I am sorry Lord

 So I got to the transit center and people had peed everywhere, in every single bus enclosure.  It reeked of piss.  It was AWFUL.  Biscuit has better manners - Spotty does, and he has the brains of a gnat.  They had made an attempt at pressure washing which somehow made it worse there were long puddles of urine leaching out.  

Horrible.  And there's the de rigeur drunk white guy staggering around slurring questions.

The white people on the bus are not my people.  All of them very bizarre, the young men frankly dangerous, the older ones alcoholics and homeless to boot.  It makes me ashamed to be white.  Ron used to talk about being ashamed to be black I get it.  Boy do I get it.  

So that was awful and I literally had to trek through puddles of urine to hand out the candy.  I thought the homeless issue was bad in San Francisco but Houston is a close second.

I don't know why God has sent me to this mission field but I will work it!  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why would you trek through urine to give out candy? It's ridiculous. Ron would have been one of those disgusting drunks at the bus stop if it wasn't for his free government job because he was blind. He just did his nasty behavior at home and sometimes in front of others like when he peed in front of the plumbers. His whole room reeked of piss because of all the urine he spilled in there too.

Heather Knits said...

Well same reason I stayed with Ron: I'd do it for Jesus. If God indicates He wants me to do something I do it. I did wash and lysol my shoes when I got home.

Ron would have probably been at "Independence Hall" a hellhole "Independent Living" complex where they warehouse the disabled in Houston. But after the accident he needed assistance so he would have been in some sort of facility paying the orderly to sneak him vodka.

And that's why I don't like the urine at the bus stop, the old funk reminds me of Bad Times Better Left In The Past.

Anonymous said...

God never wants a person to stay with an abuser. You chose to do that. Not God.

Heather Knits said...

That makes sense. I will say I always got a very strong NO every time I took it to God in prayer, and He knows I sure wanted to leave! I think wherever I would have ended up would have been worse.