Saturday, March 2, 2024

I didn't do a formal Handout today

 But I did put a sign on my cart, and wore the Free Bibles hat.  One woman riding in a truck was interested but the man driving didn't stop.  My first customer was a guy driving a SUV, very bad teeth, very thin, wearing braces as an adult man.  I figure he just got to the US.  He wanted an English (his English was pretty good) and a Spanish so I gave him one of each.  

When I got to the grocery store I moved the Bible bag when I was putting my groceries in the cart, and when I put the bag back on the cart I immediately turned to pay.  The bag tipped over and a New Testament slid out, teasing the cashier into asking questions.  God does all the work on this stuff!  I thought it was great and gave it to her of course.  I like the Abundant Life NLT New Testament anyway it is an easy to read translation and it has a ton of helps.  

That's all I had energy for so that's all I did.  I shouldn't be doing it in "My" strength anyway but "His".  I got lower carb stuff if you discount the milk.  I didn't get any snack foods, cereal, or pancake mix.  

I only got one bag of pinata mix because that's all they had.  I like to have a reserve bag but I'll take what I get.  I thought it was cute, when I was waiting to go home the "wrong way" bus waved and honked as he went by.  

I am very tired even after a nap; I am debating if I want to do some housework tonight and then take it easier tomorrow.  I would like to do that.  Do I have the energy?  I don't know.  

I am taking iron pills in case I am anemic even though I haven't had a cycle in a while.  

Dad is pretty sick and Mom is giving him Nyquil which I am pretty sure is out for a heart patient, but I didn't tell her that.  He said he doesn't have a fever so I am guessing bad allergies.  He was supposed to see a doctor today.  I know tree pollen is really bad here which is one reason I may be so tired.  I will need to use the Neti pot again.  

There is something blooming here, sweet and somewhat grassy smelling.  I don't know what it is but it was blooming the day Ron died and it's not a good association.  I have to remind myself.  Maybe lilacs?  

That's it for now; more later.  

No comments: