Friday, March 15, 2024

Friday afternoon

 I feel like I've spent ages to myself relaxing and I would still be looking at a 4 hour shift at work.  

I am not sorry I decided to take the day off.  

I took a good nap with the cats.  We are supposed to get severe weather later.  I think we will as my (formerly) broken finger is throbbing off and on.  The cats haven't really gone outside except to tease the dog.  I feel bad about that, but even if I had a working cat cage just their existence outside in it would provoke the dog.  

And I see people online who have pit bulls and cats sleeping together, etc.  I can't imagine that.  If I had a dog - and I say this, just like I "said" I was going to get the fluffy black female kitten I saw online (back in 2013 and then I walked out with an elderly brown and orange tabby).  Anyway I would want a small to medium dog not something huge, if I ever did get one.  It's a small house too.  

By the way, the kitten was adopted a week later.  

I would probably only get a dog if I remarried and he really wanted one, and I could find one that got along with cats.  So it would be pretty crowded.  

One thing I've considered I would want a cat lover: Evangelical, non drinking, cat lover.  In that order.  A guy like that would probably have his own cats.  And that would be a cluster... trying to get them introduced and sorted out into a pecking order.  Almost better to stay single!  

Biscuit got very annoyed with me when I sat on HIS couch (loveseat) today.  Apparently I only get weekend access.  

At any rate I felt better so I put out the baits.  I did an 8-pack of the Raid Roach ones and an 8 pack of the Raid Ant ones.  8 baits is about the right size for my house, 2 in the front room, one in the kitchen, one in the dining nook, you get the idea.  Definitely a bait each in the bedroom and Bible room the Bible room in particular because I have the candy in there.  Talk about a mess - any kind of bug in my candy would be catastrophic.  They're good for 3 months.  

It's getting gloomy out.  If it gets really nasty I will pull the plug on my electronics.  

That's it for now.  

No comments: