Sunday, March 10, 2024

Sunday morning

 So I got up and it was cold, my head hurt, it was depressing and dark out so I said Sorry Lord and went back to bed with Biscuit and Spotty.  

I got up and started the laundry.  I use cleaning rags which of course have to be cleaned; I set them on a soak cycle with some Biz and a little Borax, with a Tide POD.  Now I am doing a wash cycle with some bleach.  I cannot find the measuring cup I use for cleaning products so I had to use my food one for the bleach, but I rinsed it really well and it should be OK.  

Back in the day (when Ron and I had the deli) the accepted food service practice was wash in hot soapy water, rinse in hot water, soak in a lukewarm solution of diluted bleach (about 2 T per sink I think it was).  Then air dry.  So I do occasionally use bleach to sanitize in that order.  Dishes mainly, not pots or pans.  I think now they do wash, rinse, quarternary (?) sanitizer, air dry.  

Then I worked on cleaning out under - well I had better describe my kitchen.  It is a U shape by the front of the house.  The two legs of the U face the front room and the short arm goes across under a nice window.  For me, it was important my home have a kitchen window that looked outside.  So you're standing between the arms of the U, looking toward the window.  On the left side you have a very narrow cabinet and countertop, then the gas stove, more countertop and cabinet that runs to the wall.  Under the window you have the sinks and the cabinet underneath, to the right coming around you have a wall of cabinets running from the window back toward the front room.  Counter as well, with the microwave on it (we had a built in but it broke and Ron couldn't use it when he went back in the wheelchair so the microwave is on the countertop), and then the fridge right by the door to the garage.  

So I am working on the cabinet, under the counter, between the stove and the kitchen sink, cleaning out old canned goods and giving it a good once over.  It is incredibly difficult to get in there.  I have found it works well to sit in a chair and bend forward to work on it.  

Aside from canned food I keep pots and pans in there as well, an old meat grinder, my wok, some pots.  I took everything out, cleaned it, sprayed some Lysol just to be on the safe side, letting that percolate for a while before I put the pots back.  

I am also thinking maybe get some milk crates and use them to store things rather than have them loose and hard to extract.  

So that's pretty much done for the day and then I have 2 more loads of clothes to do.  I'm going to do the outside clothes (jeans, vest for work, tops) with some laundry sanitizer and then the underwear with the free and clear detergent only.  I can get irritated from some detergents especially on my back and torso.  

My head is bothering me I'm going to take something.  More later.  

No comments: